cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Contract end new price

ricksmith
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Back in January I accepted a free upgrade to Full Fibre 150 including grand stream voice service with an agreed price of £25.83 until the end of the existing contract which ends  on 1st of September 2024. 
Late July I received an email  advising my contract was due to end and offering a  contract  for £34.78 a month for Fibre 65

An increase of nearly £10 for a vastly reduced service. 
I contacted Customer Service by on line chat to request an explanation and was told that my existing contract is actually fibre 65. I explained that my current download speed was 150mbs since the free upgrade and migration to full fibre in January. Eventually the agent advised he had found notes relating to the upgrade but advised there was some sort of error preventing him from offering a new contract for full Fibre 150 or higher.

He advised  he would escalate this to the back office and contact me back at a later date. A few days later I rec a text advising that the error had not been resolved I there requested that a complaint was raised. A few days later I received a text advising that a customer service rep would call me. This call did nothing to resolve the is as the error was not resolved. I C was told that they would call again in a few days time. This has now been goi g in for nearly a month and today the agent called again offering two months free service  and to credit my account in order to close the complaint she advised that this would give the back office more time to resolve the issue and once resolved offer me a new 150 full fibre contract. I was very Reluctant to accept  the offer as it did not address the real problem. However the agent advised that my current contract would continue as it was at the same price  with no changes until the new offer could be made. Shortly after accepting the two month offer and ending the call I checked my email be and found my latest TalkTalk bill imagine my dismay to find the new monthly bill for August at £43.06. 
can someone please advise what’s going on and why I can’t be offered a new 150 contract, I see that currently Talktalk are offering fibre 900 on a 24 month contract with the first 12 month at £28 with the option to revert to fibre 150 or continue on 900 after the initial 12 months. Please advise why my offer is 65 for £34 a month.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

If you can't remove the boost, ask phone / Chat support to do so for you, @ricksmith - it's a known bug in My Account....

Staff on the forum cannot set up your new deal. They can check to clarify what gets set up in My Account and you should get contract details of the core contract by email.  That core contract will not include boosts.

Boosts added / removed would be confirmed in separate emails.

I never close a conversation with Chat / phone for renewals without receiving the documentation first.

And I never go by offers/ deals through email notification or My Account. I check for the best available in the small print features on Talktalk's pages & 3rd party comparisons, and haggle in person. 

You don't have to accept their first offer. There can be an interesting difference from agent to agent. 

Forum staff may be able to look into the error on your Account but won't be on here at this time today. 

Hopefully a response before the weekend. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

I followed your suggestion to raise a complaint by using details at the bottom of the page, I called the number.  wow what a joke that is an automated voice that keeps saying everything available on my account page unable to speak to a real person is this the way forward 

0 Likes

ricksmith
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 9

The basics of it are that the only open to me on my account is to be downgraded from FF150 to fibre 65 for an additional £10 per month I have an active call boost on my account which at the mom is FOC  there is no option available for me to cancel this boost 

Talktalk keep referring to an error on my Account which it appears they are unable or unwilling to rectify. All I ask is to be offered a new 150 contract at a reasonable price

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

It's actually very hard to follow the sequence of events in your post, @ricksmith, but if you wish to follow the complaints procedure, do so from the link at the foot of any Talktalk page.

I will re-escalate this thread for staff attention  - they are on here daytime, Monday to Friday but there is a queue. 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Okay 2 days and no reply from Talktalk staff. Can someone advise how I raise this as a complaint.

Gliwmaeden2 Your reply regarding the end of contract charges would make sense if it was not agreed that my current contract would not change for the next two months.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Boosts are not included as part of the core contract, @ricksmith.

Best to wait for clarity though from staff.

0 Likes

ricksmith
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 9

The agent I spoke with today advised my contract would not change and the price I pay would not alter

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

Your August bill may include the expiry of other discounts, not just the end of the minimum term, but for boosts etc from 1st September,  @ricksmith.

Staff can't get involved in setting up deals but they can check the current state of affairs in My Account. 

Please look out for their reply in the coming days. 

0 Likes