cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Disconnected service when not cancelled

MAC19
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

On 14 April 2024 after weeks of trying I finally got a new broadband service installed with agreement that the landline number would be ported in. This happened a few days later and I was pleased with my new service.

Today I received an email on 16:07 saying my service had been cancelled and I was being charged a contract breakage fee of over £200. I did not cancel my service. I was not given 14 days cooling off - I was given between 16:07 when the email arrived and 19:00 hours when the call centre closes and I did not see the email in time.

How do I get my new service reinstated and avoid the incorrect contract breakage fee?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi @MAC19

Im slightly confused The account shows that we where contacted on 12-Apr-2024 14:24 ,Our loyalty team offered a change of ownership which was declined as according to the notes the service is no longer required. 

Do you mean you got a new line and account from us, if so can you add the new account details to your profile.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

Contact Talktalk directly as soon as possible:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Forum staff are not back before Monday, @MAC19.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes