cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Ending Contract - Talk Talk processes....

Landline2
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

Because of issues I had with another TT account (which ended up with the CEOs office) I am attempting to cancel my old account. I knew it would be like wading through treacle with this Company. 

On the 8th March I gave my 30 day notice cancellation in writing on the helpline by selecting the cancel option and going through the process , promised a call  back within 48 hours to implement it - nothing happened.

So on the 13th March contacted again promised another ring back and a complaint reference - nothing has happened again!

10 days on....nothing, this is the whole reason for me cancelling as the Customer is treated with complete distain by TT. Just awful processes. I have been with them over 8 years on the Account. 

Hopefully the Advisors on here can work their magic again by getting some response to implement the cancellation soon! 

Thanks

Landline2

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Thanks for your reply.

The Pipex e mail was included in the previous contract which they took over so they had no choice but to reluctantly take it on, thank goodness I didn't convert it to the TalkTalk.net tally as they tried to make me do. The less I'm associated with TT the better.

As I said in my post if I want to retain it I will have to pay the £50 per annum, whether that is value for money is of course a judgment call I will have to make.

Landline2 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Your pipex email service would previously have been provided as included in the price (though it's not specified, even for Talktalk.net addresses) with your Broadband contract, @Landline2.

To maintain access after you cease to pay for Broadband, of course there is now a charge, as, otherwise, who is going to look after that for you?

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/About-TalkTalk-Mail-Plus/ta-p/2374203

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Landline2
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Update: I thought I would give cancellation a third go today (17th March).

After they tried to cancel my new account despite x4 security questions relating to my old account... they eventually cancelled the relevant account (still waiting for the promised e mail though...). I managed to persuade them that I first started cancellation action on the 8th March so they gave me a cancellation date of 24th March - not sure of the logic there but is much better than 30 days from today, if it works.

One twist in the tail is a £50 charge for my e mail account which goes back to the Pipex.com days so not really a Talk Talk.com tally as such. My recent Fibre 65 didn't include TT e mail so guess I have no choice but to pay for the sub standard Pipex e mail which I have had for say 20 years and is linked to all sorts of other accounts.

Anyway, fingers crossed I have achieved cancellation and will be free of these dreadful processes which must lose them a lot of business. 

Landline2  

0 Likes