Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Demand

james040
Team Player
Message 10 of 10

I've received a final demand on my business email (not the one associated with this login).

It has a reference and account number - but I am unable to remember the account it relates to. I work in IT so it is likely to be a valid account / demand. Who can I speak to about identifying the account in question?

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Message 2 of 10

We appreciate you taking time out to let us know that no further action is needed from TalkTalk Support here.

GondolaVolunteer 2017-2021

Like below to appreciate my help . . . Best answer is + Accept as Solution

0 Likes

james040
Team Player
Message 3 of 10

Solved .. sent an email to our accounts staff. Direct debit had been cancelled because they could not contact TT to close account. Someone's on the phone trying to pay and close the account now!

Message 4 of 10

Hi James

The only extra thing I can say is that whilst TalkTalk Support here can identify home broadband accounts from the home telephone number or account number they will not reveal any details to you unless you are the named account holder or are named on the account as having Power of Attorney or Authority to Act or are a Nominated User having the ability to make payments to the account.

Power of Attorney/Authority to Act 

Nominated user 

0 Likes

james040
Team Player
Message 5 of 10

@Gondola I have updated the private details with the only details I have .. if you can give me any assistance it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi James

If it's an home broadband account then TalkTalk Support here can identify the account holder either by Account number or Home phone number.

Are you the named account holder?

Prepare for TalkTalk Support by including in your Community Profile, Personal Information (here):

• Your name, current TalkTalk home 'phone number. An alternative (mobile preferred) contact number. Full address with postcode (Location)
  • Scroll down to Private notes to add email address(es), notes and account number references etc
  • After checking and updating, Save changes

0 Likes

james040
Team Player
Message 7 of 10

@Birchcroft I assist a lot of people with their broadband accounts. I have contacted customer services .. they acknowledge the account number in the email and my email address. Of course they won't talk to me as I'm unable to pass security. But I can't pass security without knowing the account it relates to .. doh!

@Gondola it does look to be a 'residential' account .. but thank you.

Genuinely don't know what to do next .. all I have is the account number and reference in the final demand??

0 Likes

Birchcroft
Philosopher
Message 8 of 10

@james040 I don't quite see how working in IT automatically means that a final demand for payment email to an unrelated email address about an account you have no recollection is likely to be genuine, particularly if you have not received any emails relating to the account in the resent past.   That said I would recommend that you contact the customer services department by phone or live chat in order to get clarification and resolve the matter.  

0 Likes

Gondola
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

If it's from TalkTalk Business (TTB) you need TTB Support.  There's a link at the bottom of this page.

0 Likes