cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Two packages active - seemingly unable to cancel

thedannygrant
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Hi all. I switched to fibre 900 a few weeks ago - was led to believe my fibre 65 package would be automatically cancelled. A couple of weeks passed and I noticed nothing had changed on my account, so I rang customer service to check and they informed me both packages were still active and that they would cancel the old one for me. 

I have now been billed for both packages - spoke once again to customer service who confirmed both were still active. I was assured that it has now definitely been cancelled but that I’d need to raise a complaint to get my bill adjusted. Every time I speak to someone it’s like starting from scratch, is there an easier way to try and get this sorted?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Is anyone able to help me with this? I got a phone call last week saying that it had been escalated, but that an 'error in the system' meant that the fibre 65 package was unable to be cancelled, and that it would need to be escalated further. I've been trying to get this sorted for weeks and no one is able to tell me what the issue is.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

The support team cannot respond in real time, they deal with each post in turn. Give them a chance to get back to you. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi - still looking for clarification here. I have no idea where the original sum of £104.05 came from, and the adjustments aren't making sense to me. Thank you.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

There was an adjustment yesterday of £7.10, but the charge was for £24.95?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

it will show in the transaction history, once a bill is shown in My Account is cant be updated. you can find the updated amount in https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Your-transaction-history/ta-p/2205219. 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Hello, thanks for your reply. I don't see this reflected in my bill - there is a refund that was offered to me due to delays in my new fibre being activated, but as far as I can see I'm still being charged for fibre 65. Could you confirm? Thank you

0 Likes

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Hi thedannygrant

I can see that the additional charge has been removed from your bill and a request has been placed to cancel the old account. 

Apologies for any inconvenience caused 

0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 9

@thedannygrant 

I have moved this to the Billing section where it will be more appropriately dealt with, the support team here will respond as soon as they can. 

0 Likes