cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router/Power-Pack replacement issues

propinjakes
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 9

Hi everyone

Our TalkTalk router became unresponsive on the 1st May, with the LED on the front completely dark. I tried the usual fixes - plugging the router into a different socket, checking the connections of the leads, pressing and long-pressing the power button etc - but it was still (seemingly) bricked. I called TalkTalk support and explained the issue, reasoning with them that it was either a faulty power-pack or the router itself was broken.

They agreed to send a new power-pack which I could test to see if that resolved the issue. If not, then they'll replace the whole router. The new power-pack, they said, would take 24/48 hours to arrive. I believe their delivery service is called 'Yodel', however I have never received any tracking information from them. The tech operatives on the 'phone also seemed in the dark regarding this - my account still says 'Power cable - estimated go live date 1/05' and hasn't updated once (see screenshot).

I still haven't received the power-pack after several calls to support, each of which went something like this:

- Account confirmation.
- I explain the issue and that this is the nth time I've called over it. 

- Put on hold while tech support speak to the order shipping department.
- Tech support operative states the ordering department has placed and confirmed my order and the power pack will arrive in 24-48 hours.
- I restate this is exactly what they said last time.
- Power-pack doesn't arrive as promised and I call back.
- Rinse and repeat

These are the dates on which I have called over the issue:

Wed 1st May
Sat 4th May
Tue 7th May
Wed 8th May
Mon 13th May
Fri 17th May

... so we have been without internet for 17 days at the time of writing. The last conversation (today) went exactly like the first. If it doesn't arrive by Tuesday 21st then we will cancel the account and go with a different provider.

tt pending orders.PNG

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi @propinjakes 

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting me know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi @Debbie-TalkTalk 

Yes, thanks, the router arrived today. I set it up and everything's working correctly. Thanks again for sorting this out!!!

Message 3 of 9

Hi @propinjakes 

I can see that the router was dispatched. Did you receive the router or a delivery notification?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi propinjakes

You're welcome 🙂

You should also receive a text message with the delivery notification.

I will check in again with you on Monday.

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Thanks for the very fast response, Debbie. I'll look out for it!

Message 6 of 9

Hi propinjakes

Thank you. I think the issue here was just with ordering a replacement power cable and not a complete router order. Therefore I have ordered a new router, power cable, cables and filter in one order.

You should receive this within the next 24-48hrs and a returns bag for the faulty router/power cables.

I will monitor this and check back in with you on Monday too.

Sorry again for the issues you have experienced.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 7 of 9

Hi Debbie

Done

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi propinjakes

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes