cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

My Account

nicky62
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

Unable to enter my account to adjust and consult owing to password confusion.

Was keen to do this early this morning owing to time after 9am being restricted.

Despite numerous copying attempts of codes being sent to me in my email I have now been blocked as my activity appears suspicious.

My phone number has been used many times by your representatives making contact with me  but that doesn't appear to be viable backup option either - nor is gmail account email.

Some of this may be down to me not officially recording alternative means of contact in my account details. 

Deal breaker for me, however, is being advised to contact live chat - with agent supposedly typing only to be met by bot saying no-one will be available on live chat until 9am

If that facility is unavailable during time I was attempting to access My Account - why on earth put it as usable link ?

So much for being step ahead today  . . now 3 behind owing, to my mind, Talktalk ineptitude & transparency as to Live Chat availability not actually available.

As I say, final straw to break this camel's back - many other more straightforward services out there, equally reasonable in price.

Over 20 years with Talktalk but glitches like this really shouldn't be occurring in company of its size and length of service, surely?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

nicky62
Super Duper Contributor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

Yes, thanks @Michelle-TalkTalk have altered password on my account to tally with webmail password and can now access my account.
Was looking to include my mobile number in my profile - hence reason for wishing to access - as back up

Find my mobile no. is already included yet when I opted for that to be back up rather than glitchy email access received message saying that number was not on the system.

Not the smoothest start to Tuesday - hopefully my mobile no. can be added at some point for alternative security measure in the event email is out of action?

Many thanks for your input : )

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 2 of 5

Hello,

This incident has now been resolved. Please can you retest and let us know if you experience any issues.

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Since you posted, @nicky62, Service Status Dashboard is showing a general fault with My Account anyway:

Screenshot_20230808-084813_Chrome.jpg

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

The full hours of availability are given here, @nicky62:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

The chat facility is not completely dead as the bot sets up the "conversation" so that you can go back to it later, but it is confusing. 

Regarding My Account, don't attempt to log in now for a full 24 hours.

It's obviously a security issue which stops hackers trying too many combinations if they are trying to guess your password, but of course it has also stopped you.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes