cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

New Fibre contract - Fixed pricing or not?

jazzman3
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 25 of 25

I signed up for a new fibre contract yesterday. My previous contract had fixed pricing and there was no price increase throughout the contract.

When I signed up for the new contract I requested if it was the same as my previous contract with fixed pricing and there would be no price increase throughout the term of the contract. The agent confirmed that there would be no price increase throughout to contract because it is a "fixed term" contract which is the same as the fixed price promise contract.

Checking my new contract today it states "The monthly price for your broadband plan will increase in April each year by the rate of inflation (the
Consumer Price Index rate"

Have I been given the correct information by the TalkTalk agent and there is no price increase with a fixed term contract?

0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 21 of 25

See also the general Ts&Cs, linked at the foot of the page.

Arne should be able to confirm exactly what you have signed up to. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 22 of 25

No, not the same as the "term" is the duration that is fixed, not the price.

You have to pay extra to fix the price so hedging your bets as to whether it works out better than the CPI +3.7%  .... which it did this year, but might not always, @jazzman3.

0 Likes

jazzman3
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 23 of 25

Thanks.

Just need confirmation if a fixed term contract is the same as a fixed price promise contract? and that fixed term contracts the prices do not go up throughout the term of the contract?

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 24 of 25

Moving this to the billing section for you, @jazzman3.

The wording about the April increase does tend to get included regardless......

0 Likes