cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

New Fibre150 installation. Eero 6 won't pair

akelly0609
Team Player
Private Message
Message 60 of 60

I had City Fibre install a new line to my house on Tuesday and Eero 6 was delivered last week. I have 4 green lights on the ONT but I can't get the Eero to pair.

In Bluetooth pairing mode the app can't find a device then asks for a serial number. When I type in the serial number it finds the device and allows me to create a network name and password, next screen then says there has been an issue and to contact support.

I've been going round in circles with this for two days, when I initially contacted support on the love chat with this problem they just told me my service could go live any time before midnight, but that was two days ago. 

I have received nothing from talk talk except two emails, and the Eero package and don't know what to do. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A Kelly
0 Likes
59 REPLIES 59

Message 21 of 60

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. They have advised that they have made a change and have asked if you can re-connect the eero and follow the steps in the eero app to set this up. Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 22 of 60

Okay so another incredibly patronising voicemail from one of the talk talk team telling me that everything looks fine and all I have to do is unplug the Vodafone router and plug in the Eero and everything should work.

This is disgraceful, don't your different teams have a way of communicating or leaving notes for each other on my account? I've spoken to another agent on live chat just shortly before that voicemail today who confirmed what the technical team told me last night (that they need a CityFibre engineer to look at it). 

A Kelly
0 Likes

Message 23 of 60

Thanks Michelle,

My other half just checked the Eero again and still exactly the same error on the app.

A Kelly
0 Likes

Message 24 of 60

Morning,

Thank you. I've let the team know and asked if they can check on the progress of the fault too.

Thanks

Message 25 of 60

Hi Michelle, I called yesterday and spoke to someone from the advanced technical team who has escalated this to City Fibre. Seems City Fibre have to reconfigure something. I'm at work today, can only take calls between 12 and 2 but my partner is at home in the property should City Fibre need access.

I checked again earlier this morning and still same issue.

A Kelly
0 Likes

Message 26 of 60

Morning,

The team have advised that they have been unable to make contact and have asked the best time to contact you?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 27 of 60

Morning,

I'm really sorry. I've passed your post over to the faults team and asked them to make contact with you again ASAP.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 28 of 60

Ah I dunno. It would be two accounts at two completely different addresses, miles apart. We've literally just moved house and had fttp installed at the new property for the new Talktalk account last week. There was never a fibre line here until we arranged the installation and new account through talktalk.

A Kelly
0 Likes

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 29 of 60

OK, I am just thinking the confusion may be with City Fibre who can see two accounts from their end.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 60

It's not yet fully cancelled, still have a few weeks on it. 

It may indeed have added to the confusion today but doesn't explain why I'm still having the exact same problem I've been having all week with the Eero. The Vodafone router was plugged in once for about 20 minutes last night when I remembered I still had it in a box somewhere and dug it out to check to see if I could connect with that. 

Still in my talktalk cooling off period so seriously considering just cancelling and going elsewhere. 5 days since this was passed to the faults team before even having any contact from them is incredibly poor. I'm really starting to lose my patience with this.

A Kelly
0 Likes

Message 31 of 60

Interesting what you say about Vodafone at your previous property. Was their service provided via City Fibre? I wonder if this is where the crossed wires - metaphorically and literally - may be occurring? Is your old Vodafone account and service now fully closed? 

0 Likes

Message 32 of 60

Missed a call from the faults team not long ago. Received a voicemail that said (to the effect of) "I can see your talk talk fibre did in fact go live on the 8th of February and the reason it doesn't appear to be working is that you are using a Vodafone router.".

He said he would liaise with the community team and call back tomorrow.  Hoping you can pass on to them we are using the Eero router provided by talk talk. We do have a Vodafone router from our previous property that I tried last night to see if there would be any difference (contract set to cancel at the end of the month). The rest of the time it's has been only the Eero router that has been plugged in (since the the 8th).

Honestly, at this rate I'm tempted to go with a different provider. This has been an awful experience so far. 

A Kelly
0 Likes

Message 33 of 60

It's been two hours now and still no contact from them

A Kelly
0 Likes

Message 34 of 60

Thanks Michelle, nothing yet but I will keep an eye on my phone

A Kelly
0 Likes

Message 35 of 60

Hello,

I've just chatted to them now and they said they will make contact with you in the next 10/15 minutes.

Thanks

Message 36 of 60

Sorry, here's the screenshot

Connection errorConnection error

A Kelly
0 Likes

Message 37 of 60

Thanks Michelle. Still no contct from them as of yet. Also still same issue.

Here is a screenshot of the error when trying to connect if it helps any.

Screenshot_20230214-134437_eero.png
A Kelly
0 Likes

Message 38 of 60

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. The team have confirmed that they will be contacting you today.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 39 of 60

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Please can you create your own topic and we'd be happy to take a look at this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 40 of 60

Morning,

Thank you and I have chased the team for an update on this now.

Thanks

0 Likes