cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

New Fibre150 installation. Eero 6 won't pair

akelly0609
Team Player
Private Message
Message 60 of 60

I had City Fibre install a new line to my house on Tuesday and Eero 6 was delivered last week. I have 4 green lights on the ONT but I can't get the Eero to pair.

In Bluetooth pairing mode the app can't find a device then asks for a serial number. When I type in the serial number it finds the device and allows me to create a network name and password, next screen then says there has been an issue and to contact support.

I've been going round in circles with this for two days, when I initially contacted support on the love chat with this problem they just told me my service could go live any time before midnight, but that was two days ago. 

I have received nothing from talk talk except two emails, and the Eero package and don't know what to do. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A Kelly
0 Likes
59 REPLIES 59

Jonti1
First Timer
Private Message
Message 41 of 60

Well it took 5 days after the so called installation to actually get an account number for me. The process was appalling. I spent several hours on the phone to flipping South Africa. .. Really ? No one  could find me ! Despite 2 vans, holes in walls and free kit delivered. Mind you the direct debit was in place. (Of course)

Well a week in I finally got on line. (Thank goodness I hadn’t cancelled my prior service) this took 3 calls and that doesn’t include euro’s support service ! 

Eero is sub standard, with a range of about 3 metres after which the speed drops off a cliff. I’ve had to plug an old mesh system in to it to get a functional system in the house but this isn’t ideal as it isn’t “sweet” with the eero. In short I get 150 Mbps IF I stand next to router. But 5 metres away it’s a trickle in single figures. The envelope from the eero seems to be very linear. The service and response from TT is limp. The tech is unproven. I am waiting for a booster which I think might be “free” but I have no doubt I will be buying at least one more. With FF150 you don’t get a land line because the Wi-Fi calling is supposed to be perfect .. this is “round objects” .., I am spitting furious. I have teens in revolt, I have spent several hours of my free time just to get basic connectivity as well as paying another month on my old (unplugged to avoid interference) service just in case. It’s feeble. Add in the dire distancing techniques that all service providers do .. menu menu menu ID ID ID .. and it’s 30 minutes before you even start talking about the issue. Then the person you are talking to is a filter so you then get passed eventually to a tech. Luckily Indians speak clear English which is far superior to the “init / bruv” jabber in Salford. Yes I am grumpy but there is a huge dearth of quality and professionalism. It’s grim, we are going backwards. … one thing for sure .. I don’t have anything approaching the claimed smooth seamless 150 all over the house and no more buffering or the internet as it was supposed to be .. all advertising garbage. 

0 Likes

Message 42 of 60

I've now tried again having received my account number. Still no change as of yet, exact same issue when trying to pair the Eero, unfortunately.

A Kelly
0 Likes

Message 43 of 60

Thanks Michelle. No your fault, you and Chris seem to be doing everything you can to help.

No contact from the faults team but I have now received my account number, which I have just added to my profile here.

Currently not at home so unable to check if I can now connect my Eero. Will update again in a few hours.

A Kelly
0 Likes

Message 44 of 60

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. I've asked our faults team now for an update on this.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 45 of 60

Thanks Ferguson. Will do. I'm grateful for Chris and Michelle's help here but do feel a bit like communication from talk-talk about this process has been really lacking in general. Seem's like Craig and Michelle are doing a lot of firefighting for an otherwise poor support system. 

I have faith we'll get there in the end but I'm starting to lose patience at the lack of direct support. Also really disappointed to have to resort to a public forum to get this resolved.

A Kelly

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 46 of 60

The support team won't be back online until Monday, look out for a response then. 

Message 47 of 60

Any update on this? Still the same issue and had no contact from the faults team. 

Last correspondence from talk talk was an email saying our connection was now live and to look out for a email telling us how to register for "My Account".

A Kelly
0 Likes

Message 48 of 60
0 Likes

Message 49 of 60

I haven't received an account number yet, though yesterday did receive an email to say my Full Fibre service was live and to look out for an email with information about My Account and how to register.

I will add those details to my profile and post again here to confirm when that email comes through.

Thanks for your help.

A Kelly
0 Likes

Message 50 of 60

Hello,

Did you receive an account number? Please can you add this to the Private Notes section of your Community Profile. Please do not post any personal information on the Community.

Thanks

Message 51 of 60

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this and the team confirmed that they are looking into this so they should make contact soon.

Thanks

Message 52 of 60

Thanks Michelle,

I'm not sure if this helps any, but I tried again from a different mobile device. Slightly different results but still won't connect.

This time the app found the Eero first time without me having to manually type in the Eero serial number, but fails at the "Connecting to Internet" screen. If I click for more information I'm met with a screen that says:

Bluetooth Connected (blue tick)

Ethernet Cable Detected (blue tick)

External IP address (red exclamation mark)

I still have all four green lights on the ONT.

A Kelly
0 Likes

Message 53 of 60

Morning,

Thanks for trying and I'm sorry to hear this. I've passed this over to our Faults Team now and will post back as soon as we receive an update. It's also possible that the team may also try and connect you directly.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 54 of 60

Thanks. I've now tried that. Leaving the Eero unplugged for 30 minutes gave exactly the same result. Connecting a Windows laptop directly to the ONT ethernet port shows "Unrecognised Network - No Internet" in the ethernet settings menu.

A Kelly
0 Likes

Message 55 of 60

Thanks, I've found your details. Could you switch the ONT and eero off and leave them off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. If it then still isn't working could you try connecting a device directly to the ONT with the Ethernet cable, bypassing  the eero and check to see if you then have an internet connection

Chris

0 Likes

Message 56 of 60

No problem, I have added my address.

A Kelly
0 Likes

Message 57 of 60

Thanks but could you add your address to the private notes section (of your Community Profile), so that I can locate you on our systems

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 58 of 60

Thank you Chris, I have updated my profile with those details.

A Kelly
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 59 of 60

Hi akelly0609,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service. Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris