cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

New contract email

llywelynbren
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 13 of 13

This is the gist of the email:

Now that you’re coming towards the end of your Fibre 65 contract which includes broadband and line rental on 17 June 2023, which costs you £25.00 per month, we want to highlight some of the options available to you going forward. As part of our commitment to Fairer Broadband for all of our customers, we’ve highlighted these potential next steps for you below, along with instructions on how you can take out these offers should you wish.

The first option available for you is that you can stay on your existing service and automatically move to £25.00 per month*. You don’t have to do anything at all, just sit back and enjoy your great value connection whilst we handle everything else. You’ll be then out of contract with maximum flexibility to upgrade with us any time you like.

The second option available for you is to move onto a new, matching Fibre 65 contract for £26.00 per month for another 24 months, average download speeds of 67Mb/s. Click here to order now.

If this is correct, why on earth would I want to commit myself to a lengthy contract and pay £1 more a month for the privilege?! I thought to be out of contract prices actually increased, and quite substantially too. Could this be an error, or can I really do nothing and continue paying £25?

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

@Trixie145 

For cancellation details, see here: 

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Cancel-your-TalkTalk-service/ta-p/2204737

If you have any further questions, or issues you wish to discuss then please start your own topic. 

0 Likes

Trixie145
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 13

A representative came from your company & I’m going to broadband only @ £29.95. I want to cancel this contract as it’s within 14 day cooling off period order reference:100816486 & as  I’ve seen above I can renew for £26.00. Please advise asap

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Once again, thankyou!  It was an adblocker preventing it from loading

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 13

It's the blue button on this page, "chat now", @llywelynbren:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-contact-TalkTalk-Broadband/ta-p/2230529

Disable ad blockers / enable pop ups / try another browser if you can't see it or to get it to work. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

llywelynbren
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 5 of 13

Thanks for all the replies, much appreciated.  One other question, where do I actually find webchat in case I decide to go down that route?  I can find details of what times it operates easily enough, but there are no links, and I don't have a pop-up icon in the bottom right of  the screen like other websites seem to use.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Ah yes, quite right @Gliwmaeden2 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.

Message 7 of 13

@Divsec and @llywelynbren, the number ending 46 hasn't been in use for some time. 

It needs to be 03451 720088 these days and ask to speak to the LOYALTY team. 

Message 8 of 13

Hi @llywelynbren I know how you feel about chat! 0345 172 0046 is a good number to phone on and good results are often achieved. Other than that a Talktalk employee will comeback to you through this community.

Failing that my esteemed colleague has taken an interest and I'm sure will be brimming with advice. 

Message 9 of 13

Thankyou for replying.  Yes, I'd spotted the 'new contract' email was from a no reply address.  If needs be I guess I'll have to have a go at webchat (or even worse, the phone!).

Obviously, doing nothing and staying on the £25 deal would be my preferred option, but I just can't believe that it's correct and that I'd end up paying a lot more when my contract does run out.

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Notification emails are from a No Reply address, @llywelynbren, so always come back on here to read the latest posts / reply to them.

0 Likes

llywelynbren
Conversation Starter
Private Message
Message 11 of 13

Thanks for the reply.  No, I don't have any boosts, TV etc., just standard Fibre 65.

When you say my case has been escalated, does that mean someone from TalkTalk will contact me by email?  (I'm a really slow typist and struggle with webchat!)

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 12 of 13

Hi @llywelynbren the devil is in the detail. Do you currently enjoy any free boosts, like unlimited calls? These will end with your contract and are not automatically included in your new contract.

Regardless your post has been escalated and you should hear soon. 

I would suggest an online chat, don't forget to ask for the transcript! 

0 Likes