cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Not cancel old supplier

Stephen43
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

Hi there. I have been in touch with my old supplier and am getting charged for them and Haswell as you . When I change provider to you , you should have informed them that you taking order . I was paying for a service which I have had since the 20th of June 2023 .bt have said its your responsibility to reimbursement to the money I have paid to bt 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Hi Stephen43

Because we gave you a full fibre data only package we wouldn't contact the old supplier to request the number, the switching to a FTTP package process is not the same as previous because we don't request the number so the old provider has no idea if you have left. 

You will need to call them and cancel the service . 

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

I'll move this to the billing section, @Stephen43.

Ensure that you have completed your community forum profile details for staff to identify your account. Put your account number in where they ask for phone number if need be.

Go via your avatar/name; settings; drop down menu.....

SAVE CHANGES. 

If you are now using Full Fibre, the reciprocal arrangement between ISPs doesn't work  - BT should have made you aware of that, so that you knew to check the cancellation went through with them.

The usual reciprocal arrangement for switches hasn't yet been developed to cope with the many providers that deal with the infrastructure for Full Fibre - just copper based services. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

Did you keep your old telephone number when transferring,  @Stephen43.

Did you switch to Full Fibre with Talktalk?

If you didn't keep your number, or switched to different infrastructure, the responsibility would have been with you to notify BT.

Otherwise, wait for staff to reach your thread during the day. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes