cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Removal of support for email .net domain - Kafkaesque position with bill notification

Daleboy1
First Timer
Private Message
Private Message

Message 4 of 4

I received a similar Talk Talk letter dated 25 the March 2023 signed by Naobile Mngadi of the TalkTalk team. I phoned TT Customer Service to find out what this was all about. I was advised that the TT domain was no longer supported and the agent couldn’t explain why but admitted it was a bit odd. I also found out that my e-mail bill notification had “bounced” twice. If this happened again I would be changed to a paper invoice which would incur a charge. 
The solution offered was that I had to change my e-mail address to another one. I only had a gMail one so I asked the agent to change it to that.

My next TalkTalk invoice is due on April 6th so I will see what happens. I will be extremely annoyed if it’s a paper one.

I have no idea what it going on with TalkTalk and am considering moving to another provider when my contract runs out.

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

The billing system will have logged a successful delivery. No reason to believe you'd get a letter moving you to paper billing and every reason to believe you've successfully side-stepped the imposition of chargeable paper bills. Well done.

Let us know if that's not the case.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

Message 2 of 4

Reluctantly I changed my bill notification address from a Talktalk e-mail address to a gmail address.

My bill notification arrived yesterday at my gmail address.

I'll wait now and see if I still get one of those TT letters saying they have received a "bounce back" notification and I would, in future, receive paper bills. Fingers crossed.

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

What's happened is that the TalkTalk Billing system couldn't get an eBil Notification delivered to your TalkTalk MyAccount login. There was a TalkTalk Mail system outage on 22nd March so it's likely that this was the reason the Billing system mail server logged an 'undeliverable' bounceback.

The TalkTalk billing system uses a non-TalkTalk third party mail delivery service from Sparkpost that will automatically suppress sending to any email address that has multiple instances of undeliverable bounceback errors. This suppression of sending could happen to any email address when mail messages cannot be delivered.

So, the correct fix is to change to use a non-TalkTalk email address as the MyAccount login and delivery to that new email address will ensure you don't get moved to chargeable paper billing. It's a mandatory requirement of Ofcom that TalkTalk must provide billing notifications.

The TalkTalk Mail email addresses are still supported for sending and receiving email but the agents will often say they're not supported and what they mean by this is that they prefer you to use a non-TalkTalk email address for eBill notifications.

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution