cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your Account

Get tailored support with your TalkTalk account and bills.

Turning off my broadband by a talk talk agent on live chat

Aleks90
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I'm devastated, I'm moving homes in less than three weeks so I wanted to move my talk talk service to a new address, I decided to use a chat to do that and after setting it up I noticed my broadband was gone and router flashed with red light. I connected to the chat again and it turned out that the talk talk agent put a date of moving out on 15th od December not January! I chatted with him yesterday so 29th of December. He put a date of moving out in the past so they disconnected immediately my internet in the house I'm still in. The moving in date was right, 16th of January. In the chat they said they can't do anything and I just ended up with no internet for almost three weeks. I cancelled the order for moving homes because I don't want to deal with such a inconsiderate company for another two years, but now in my account it says my contract here ends in june but my broadband is disconnected so do I need to pay for nonexistent internet until June?

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

I'd take screenshots of every interaction with them, @Aleks90!

Transcripts don't always turn up...

However, they should have a record.....

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Thank you for your comment. I didn't save a chat transcript, I didn't even think about it, that someone can make such a silly mistake. I'm trying to solve it out over the chat again but it takes so much time, and now I'm paying for a mobile data to be able to use the internet.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

I'll move this to the billing section for you, @Aleks90.

Did you keep the original Chat transcript? That should prove that you agreed the right dates, and the error was entirely theirs.

Very distressing situation for you - sadly staff won't be back before Tuesday now, as they don't cover weekends and holidays like New Year.

Staff should be able to sort out the bill for you - it's not your fault that TT simply cut off the service, and it can't be restored, if you are moving anyway.

Normally early termination fees apply, which would be less than your normal billing. When Talktalk cannot resolve a problem and if it is of their making , these should be waived.

03451 720088 is available for support today, and Chat is open every day over the holiday period.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes