cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Access to Port 445 blocked

ettasimone
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 33 of 33

I'm working from home and my work IT have said that I need access to Port 445 in order to access the work drives and that this has been blocked by my internet service provider. Can someone help

Lore
0 Likes
32 REPLIES 32

Message 21 of 33

Hi Loretta

Thank you, please let us know how you get on.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 22 of 33

Ok, I will do this on my lunch break. 

Lore

Message 23 of 33

Hi Loretta

Please can you try powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then testing again?

0 Likes

Message 24 of 33

Hi, sorry for the delay, IT have tested and they say I still don't have access to Port 445 at home. Please would you have another look? Thank you.

Lore
0 Likes

Message 25 of 33

Hi Loretta

I've made a change to your router firmware, please can you retest?

Thanks

0 Likes

ettasimone
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 26 of 33

Hello, sorry I have been in the office the past 2 days, but I am working from home tomorrow, could we do it then?

Thanks Loretta

Lore
0 Likes

Message 27 of 33

Hi ettasimone

I need to make a change to your router firmware, will it be ok if I do this this morning?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW. This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 28 of 33

Hi ettasimone

Thank you. I need to make a change to your router firmware, will it be ok if I do this this morning?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW. This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

Message 29 of 33

Hi, it is a TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub router, is there any further information you need? 

I am connected to work using a VPN, I don't know what you mean by what client am I using. 

Thanks

Lore
0 Likes

Message 30 of 33

Hi, yes I'm using a VPN connection and I have updated my profile, but I don't use my landline. 

Lore

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 31 of 33

Hi ettasimone

Are you using a VPN connection?

Please can you update your Community Profile to include your name and TalkTalk landline number.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 33

Please can you elaborate by answering these few questions:-

1. What make/model of router do you have (if this is a TalkTalk router, these details will be on a label on the rear or underside of it)?
2. Are you connecting to your work via a VPN, if so which client are you using?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?