cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband Dropping out Daily

Sound_Man
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

I have an issue with my broadband in that it drops out around 7.00pm in the evening. This has been happening just about everyday over the last couple of weeks. The connection came back on after about 30 minutes this evening but Monday it didn't come back on until 8.30pm. Rebooting the router doesn't solve the issue. None of the lights on the router turn red during the down time.

I am using an Hawei HG633 router. The PC is connected to the router via the ethernet cable.

Any advice you can give would be very much appreciated.

Thank you

Regards David
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi David

Thanks for your reply, please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi Debbie

Thank you for getting back to me.

I've logged into my account and I have Kids Safe, Scam Protection and Virus alerts switched On. Homework time is switched Off. I have not touched these settings in over a couple of years.

Interestingly as far as I know the broadband didn't drop out this evening but I will keep a check on this daily.

Regards

David

Regards David

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi Sound_Man

I'm sorry to hear this.

Can I just check, have you logged into My Account to see if HomeSafe/KidsSafe has been switched on?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Sound_Man,

If you have issues at the same time each day then this can be caused by your Homesafe settings

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/How-to-use-HomeSafe/ta-p/2205196

Specifically, check if you have the Homework time switched on, even if it is switched off it would be worth switching it on, waiting for 5 minutes, and then switching it off again, this will ensure it really is off.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.