cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband/Internet

Eborman
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 11

My Broadband/Internet has been off for 35 mins. On, off, on, off for last 2 weeks. When its off I ring for a check and guess what, its back on and tests OK. It not OK when I spend more time off than on. Does TalkTalk hold a record of my service ie times its on and off. If so how do I get a record of it to prove its a service problem.    

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Morning,

I've re-checked the connection stats now and I can see 2 re-connections since your last post, however these appear to be DLM making changes to the profile/speed. How have you found the stability/connection over the last 48hrs?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

OK thanks. Could you leave it there for 24 hours and let us know if the problems continue

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 11

Cover off and plugged direct into socket

0 Likes

Message 4 of 11

OK thanks. Does your master socket have a test socket?

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

There is only 1 phone socket in the house. No cordless phones either

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Is that the only telephone socket in your home?

Chris

0 Likes

Eborman
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 11

It is plugged into the main phone socket as it always has. I have no phones connected.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 11

OK thanks, but has it been connected to the test socket for 2 years? How many telephone sockets do you have?

Chris

Message 9 of 11

All is as it has been for 2+ yrs

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 10 of 11

Hi Eborman,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your service

Your connection does look very unstable and  the error count is high. Is your router currently connected to your test socket? - Your guide to main phone sockets - TalkTalk Help & Support

Chris

0 Likes