cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband Speed

Eggsorcist
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 28 of 28

Hi,

For the last week now, every night between the hours of 7-11.30 my internet speed drops to around 1 mps. My guaranteed speed is 46 mps. I have contacted TalkTalk who emailed me over a list of things to try (turning router off etc) however none of these work

The rest of the day my connection is fine, however without anything changing and even with no devices using the connection, at 7-11.30 it drops to 1 mps. Wireless and LAN connection are both the same..

Help!? 

27 REPLIES 27

Message 21 of 28

Hi Chris,

I have already tried this including leaving it off for 24 hours. I have also tried changing the wireless channel, turning off all other devices etc

At the moment the line will be fine. Problems will begin around 7pm tonight. Are you able to test the line again this evening?

Thank you

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 22 of 28

Hi Eggsorcist,

Line test is passing, can't see any reason for the drop in speed. Could you try switching the router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 23 of 28

Hi Chris,

Do we have an update here?

thanks 

0 Likes

Eggsorcist
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 24 of 28

Apologies, all done

0 Likes

Message 25 of 28

Thanks but could you also add your TalkTalk landline telephone number so that we can identify you on our systems

Chris

0 Likes

Message 26 of 28

Thanks Chris,

This has been done

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 27 of 28

Hi Eggsorcist,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes