cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband connectivity Issue

Vinothrajendran
First Timer
Private Message
Message 19 of 19

Since I began using Talktalk broadband sixteen months ago, I have encountered connectivity issues. Every time, I have to wait three to four days for the problem to be resolved, which has a significant impact on my work. I've never encountered such appalling service, and these agents are always asking pointless questions and nothing has happened immediately. Due to the contract, I am unable to switch to alternative networks. It is a form of ransom used by talk talk with their clients. I apologise for my strong language, but I am extremely frustrated and need assistance leaving this use less network.

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18

Message 1 of 19

Did you notice if the light changed on the router when the connection dropped?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 19

Hi Chris, Yesterday we completely lost the internet connection and we are facing this issue every day

0 Likes

Message 3 of 19

Hi vinoth2010,

Are both devices connected to you router by Ethernet cable and wifi affected by the disruptions?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 19

Sure Gliwmaeden2, Thanks for your inputs. I will wait to fix the issue.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 19

@vinoth2010 / @Vinothrajendran, if your contract ends in a couple of months, remember that you can leave penalty free within the last 30 days.

However, if you move to another Openreach serviced ISP, and the problem is with the line, you'll continue to have the same problems, whoever provides the service. 

It's worth hanging on in there with the support staff to get to the bottom of the fault.

If there's a problem with your billing,  please post a new topic in that section. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Message 6 of 19

Every day, I encounter this connectivity issue and rely on my mobile network to complete my tasks. It is not completely disconnected, but there are frequent disruptions.

I don't have a phone at home, and I don't see any upgrades in my account.

It seems I am unnecessary paying for using the Talktalk network(Sorry for saying this)

0 Likes

Message 7 of 19

Hi vinoth2010,

Our systems are showing that your router has been connected to the internet for 8 days at 15.8Mbps. Is your telephone service working OK?

Does the light change on your router when you experience problems with your broadband service?

(If you check My Account it should show you if there are upgrade options available)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 19

Hi Debbie,

I am still getting the connectivity issue and am using my mobile sim network to reply your query, Not sure what happend to my network. Currently my line is copper based, is there any possibility to convert that into fiber.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 19

Hi vinoth2010

Just to confirm, is the connection still dropping or is this now a billing issue?

I've checked the connection stats and the connection appears to be stable.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 19

See my first reply for where to add the details, @vinoth2010.

However, this is getting confusing. 

Are you and @Vinothrajendran one and the same person? 

Screenshot_20230310-223008_Chrome.jpg

 And /or....

Screenshot_20230310-223047_Chrome.jpg

It's really not helpful to have two current separate identities on the forum..... but the process for adding your phone number etc is as I detailed above.

Any billing issue should be posted separately, in the billing section of the forum. 

For either topic, staff are not back on here now before Monday. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 19

I am not sure where to include the required details in the profile

0 Likes

Message 12 of 19

Yes, Still I am facing the issue and also I have paid the bill and got the confirmation, but I received the mail that my payment is overdue. I am not sure whats going on.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 19

Hi Vinothrajendran

Do you still need help with this?

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 19

Hi Vinothrajendran

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then take a look at this for you. (Please don't post any personal information on this thread)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 15 of 19

@Vinothrajendran, it's essential that you do not post any information details on the open forum pages. 

Please follow the instructions carefully from my original reply.

Only you and Talktalk staff have access to that area.

Vinothrajendran
First Timer
Private Message
Private Message

Message 16 of 19

Thank you, Gliwmaeden2.

The account number is XXXXXX REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS. They've checked the connection numerous times and said it's fine, but I'm still having the same problem. I'm not sure where the issue is.

Thank you, AllyM. It is FTTC, and I asked them to upgrade to fibre, but they have yet to do so. Earlier connectivity issues were resolved after a few days, but they are recurring.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 17 of 19

For support from Talktalk staff on the forum, @Vinothrajendran, you must complete your community forum profile details so that they can identify your account. 

Go via your avatar/name; settings; add your landline number or Talktalk account number in Personal Information. SAVE CHANGES. 

Staff reply during the day, Monday to Friday. 

You will be expected to run some checks to exclude problems such as wiring in your house before agreeing to potential engineer charges for a visit.

You may be offered an alternative router for testing purposes.

Staff will check when the faults were originally reported, and, in some cases it may be possible to leave without early termination fees. However, any service using the same infrastructure may carry with it the same core problems, so it's a good idea to give forum staff a chance to resolve this issue.

The early termination fees are in accordance with the details in the Ts&Cs, which you can access from the link at the foot of the page.

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 18 of 19

What service do you have with TalkTalk FTTC?, FTTP?

If it's a FTTC service then you should be able to switch fairly easily any time you like to another provider, the only issue being that if you are still in contract there may be a penalty fee for doing so. I'm guessing you can't be far off the end of your contract term now. With a full fibre service, switching may be a little more tricky.

What "connectivity issues" exactly are you facing? You say they are resolved within a few days, do you mean that the problem just seems to resolve itself, or is some manual intervention needed and if so, what?

0 Likes