cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Broadband keeps on disconnecting

Qwghlm
Whizz Kid
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 14 of 14

It's happening again, (my last post seems to have disappeared).

Last time was 20/12/2021 and now it's started again from last Thursday evening.

I was told before that the sync speed had dropped and the connection looked very unstable, Openreach sorted it out within a couple of days.

Dropped a few times yesterday, but this morning I was disconnected 6 times, 9:30, 9:32, 9:50, 9:52, and 10:51.

It's now 13:30 and it hasn't dropped for the last 2hrs 40mins so any line checks come back as OK.

Speed is OK at around 47Mbps.

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Morning,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 14

Hi,

Just to let you know that I have received the new router.

The line is stable at the moment, and I do not want to change anything.

If it starts to lose download speed/disconnection I will instal the new one.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi Qwghlm

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 14

Yes please, I'll try anything within reason.

Although it has been 100% outside my property in the past.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 14

Hi,

Would you like us to send an alternative router for testing purposes to see how the connection compares and to rule this out? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

Message 6 of 14

A different router hasn't already been checked at the master socket.

If the WiFi was better I could possibly site the router in the hall and have my PC and TV connected by WiFi, but it isn't so I need them connected by cable.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 14

Hello,

Ok thanks for the update. Please let us know how the connection compares over the next few days. If the connection is still intermittently unstable when connected wired and a different router has already been tested at the test socket, then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property to investigate further.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 14

Router shows 47.3Mbps speedtest shows 44.4Mbps to PC with cable connection to router.

As I said, everything is fine at the moment, but it's intermittent.

It wasn't fine on Saturday though.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 14

Hi Qwghlm

I've checked the connection stats again and your line is in sync at 47mb. What speed are you now receiving when running a speed test?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 14

It was a new thread about the disconnects, maybe I wasn't logged in or something.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 14

The last disconnect, according the router was at 2am this morning, it's been OK since.

The line has been very crackly on occasions, but again is very intermittent.

My main complaint is that TT will not agree to changing the minimum speed to 37Mbps from 17Mbps without me taking out a new contract costing £50 or something, even though it'd be the same Fibre65 contract.

My other complaint is that I lose the will to live when I ring support, I am supposed to jump through hoops answering questions about what type of master socket I have, how many micro filters, how many phones, connect my PC that is in my study direct to the master socket, which is impossible, clear the browser cache, etc. etc.

The problem has always been external since I have been with TT, about 20 years, I think in the last few years Openreach must have been out about 3 or 4 times a year or so to fix it.

I was even sent a TT engineer once who checked at the master socket and asked why I wanted him because the problem was external, I said it wasn't me who asked for him as I new it was external.

Anyway, everything is hunkydory at the moment.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 12 of 14

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that there were a high number of re-connections on the line, but the connection looks like it has started to stabilise over the last 24hrs. Is there any noise on the voice service?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 13 of 14

I can't see any sign of posts being removed,  @Qwghlm (though sometimes an automatic spam filter kicks in).

Are you referring to your previous thread?

For reference, it is here:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Broadband/What-is-the-minimum-guaranteed-speed-for-Fibre-65/m-p/...

You should be able to find all your old messages connected with your profile by going via your avatar/name and clicking on My Profile and then the ACTIVITY label.

Staff will be back on Monday to look into this again. Follow up on this thread.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes