cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Can I put my Fibre 65 router into ' modem mode’ to feed my existing Netgear Orbi mesh system?

HappyChris
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 5

I will soon be having a new Talktalk system installed and want to use my existing Orbi mesh setup for WiFi connection. To do this I currently have my (now outgoing) router set to modem mode. I assume the provided Huawei router will allow this… am I wrong?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 5

@HappyChris , you are correct, no TT supplied routers can be set to modem-only mode.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 5

Hi

Whilst technically the router does not have a modem only mode, you can turn off wifi on the router to just use the Orbi wifi.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

HappyChris
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 5

Hi Karl,

Thanks for the speedy response! I appreciate that I can connect the Orbi via Ethernet as just another IP address and that it will (if I remember correctly) treat other devices connected to it as on another sub-network. Initially, I intend to do this to allow easy access to your router to iron early problems, if any, and then swapping over later.

So the answer to my original query is then "No, the  Talktalk router can’t be put into modem mode”, is it?

Cheers,

Chris

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 4 of 5

Hi

You can connect your Orbi mest to this and use that solely for the wifi connection.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.