cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Connected no Internet

rlf37
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi, I have had no Internet for 2 weeks. It says 'connected no Internet' even after I have replaced the router and wires. Live chat have been very unhelpful, ending conversations with no resolution. I have done the checks and off/on etc. If I can't get this sorted soon I am changing providers. This happened the day they switched me to fibre onwards. So any suggestions?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi

I'll drop you a PM to confirm some details.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

rlf37
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Hi, I opened up and used the test socket, still no dial tone or Internet ( router flashing orange). I only have one landline phone and it seems to be OK other than no dial tone. I am happy to have an engineer come sort it out, but will I have to pay for it? If so how much? Also please can it be ASAP as I go in hospital next week. Thank you. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi

All tests are clear and your fibre shares part of the copper line used for the phone, so all looks ok from here.

Can you check a known good working phone at the 'Test Socket' with nothing else connected to confirm there is no dial tone and we can then arrange an engineer for you.

Thanks  

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

rlf37
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

Hi, I rang 17070 and it's just a dead line. I rang my landline from my mobile and again it's a dead line, no noise at all, no ringing.  My problems started when they put in fibre on 28th Feb, did they not reconnect me?

Thank you for your help. 

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi rlf37

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

If you dial 17070 from your landline, is the correct telephone number read back to you?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hi @rlf37,

What light(s) do you have showing on the router ?

If you have a landline phone can you dial 17070, this will read back the phone number for your line, can you ensure this is the number you expect (i.e. the number shown in 'My Account')

For one of the TalkTalk Support Team on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile (only you and the TalkTalk Support Team on this community can see your profile details).

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes