cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Connected to VPN but can’t access a shared folder

JakeCrawford
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 23 of 23

I am connected to my company’s VPN but cannot access a shared folder when working at home from my wifi-I have tried multiple devices and had the same problem but only when working from home. If I use a different wifi network or even my hotspot, it works. 

The VPN itself is working, I just cannot access one folder. IT have investigated this thoroughly and I am the only one experiencing this issue-I need it fixed as soon as possible as I cannot work without it. 

JC
0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 1 of 23

OK thanks. Unfortunately I'm not sure what else we can try. I'd suggest going back to your IT department and ask them to take another look as we've pretty much covered everything that we know potentially causes issues with VPN's. The firmware change fixes the vast majority of VPN issues.

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 23

100% off 

JC
0 Likes

Message 3 of 23

OK thanks, could you just confirm that scam protection is definitely off

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 23

I went through this with the person on live chat-I only have virus alerts on. We tried turning this off but it made no difference 

JC
0 Likes

Message 5 of 23

OK thanks for trying. Do you have Homesafe enabled?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 6 of 23

Hi I’ve tried both of these things and neither has worked 

JC
0 Likes

Message 7 of 23

OK thanks. Yes the firmware update is complete. Could you try rebooting the router again and if still not working could you try the 30 minute shutdown

Chris

0 Likes

Message 8 of 23

My internet is back on now so assuming this is complete, however I am still having the same problem unfortunately 

JC
0 Likes

Message 9 of 23

OK, I'll start the update now, please don't switch off your router

Chris

0 Likes

Message 10 of 23

Yes go for it 

JC
0 Likes

Message 11 of 23

I can do it. Is it OK to do the update now, it can take up to 10 minutes to complete?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 12 of 23

Yes sue how do I do this 

JC
0 Likes

Message 13 of 23

OK thanks. I can try a different router firmware version, would you like to give this a try?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 14 of 23

just turned it off for 30 mins and retested and still not working 

JC
0 Likes

Message 15 of 23

Thanks. Could you switch your router off and leave it off for at least 30 minutes, then switch back on and retest - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 16 of 23

Done

JC
0 Likes

Message 17 of 23

Thanks but could you add your TalkTalk landline telephone number so that we can locate you on our systems

Chris

0 Likes

Message 18 of 23

This is updated. Please use the alternative phone number if you call today

JC
0 Likes

Message 19 of 23

Hi Jake,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 23

Hi,

Yes it comes up saying the file is not accessible and I don’t have permission to use this network resource and that the network path is not found. 

IT have checked this our end and there are no blocks on my account (I can access the folder when I’m in different locations)

JC
0 Likes