cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Connection Issue VPN Work remotely

diegoyepez90
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi

I was able to connect through VPN to my office PC through my laptop months ago no issue, now that we are working from home it has stopped working! No idea what has happened here

I've been connecting to work using a VPN connection for a long time but now it just doesn't work. It takes ages trying to connect and then says "A connection to the remote computer could not be established"  I have tried another router and it works fine! 

I tried resetting the router but it hasn't solved anything. I tried connecting using an ethernet cable and that hasn't worked either. There's something wrong with the router but what the problem is I don't know! Perhaps the latest firmware has some sort of issue?

It's a TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub version SG4K100130

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi Diego

The Huawei hub is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

diegoyepez90
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Hi Michelle 

Yes please send a Huawei Hub, how long will this take? 

Diego 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Morning,

Thank you. Are you happy for us to send you a Huawei Wifi Hub? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 4 of 7

The firmware version that your Sagemcom is running is a brand new one, so it is likely your router has very recently upgraded to this version. Several customers have reported issues with VPN access on this new firmware, the staff here will be able to help, they may just suggest sending you a new router of a different type.

diegoyepez90
First Timer
Private Message
Message 5 of 7

Hi Michelle 

All updated , please let me know 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes