cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Connection issue with Blink Sync Module 2

andyb101
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 43 of 43

Having frustrating issues with my talktalk router not being able to connect with my Blink Sync Mod2.  The module, which controls my security cameras, works on 2.4 GHz freq.  Whenever I try to pair the router and SM I get the incorrect password error.  (I know it’s correct)

ironically, if I plug in a tp link WiFi extender the SM will connect.  However, it’s hit & miss and is unreliable.

I’ve tried powering off the router, Sync Mod, resetting, persistence with trying to connect all without success.  
My system has previously worked so I’m at a loss why I can’t connect with the router.

Help !!!

0 Likes
42 REPLIES 42

Message 1 of 43

Morning,

I'm glad to hear this and thanks for confirming 🙂

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 43

That's great to hear, thanks for letting us know.  🙂

0 Likes

andyb101
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 43

Finally,,,, issue resolved.

i sent for another Blink Sync Module and after a call to Blink Customer Service, the firmware on the module was updated and Hey Presto !  I can now get connection between the Module and router and get motion video 

on the USB flash drive.

Message 4 of 43

Yes that’s right…I think the router is working fine. Other devices connect to it, no problem.  
andy

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 43

I thought that you had the router replaced a while back as well?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 6 of 43

Sure, I understand what you’re saying, however I can connect the extender to the sync mod using either iPhone or iPad.

i think the common denominator in all this is the sync mod itself.

Despite numerous resets and power cycles it just doesn’t want to cooperate.

I’ve invested too much time and effort just to give up.  So, contemplating buying a new Sync Module and trying that.

im stuck re any other possible solutions.

thanks for all your help 

andy

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 43

Yes, I think that they run the same Apple software as iPhones.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 43

Hi

ive tried connecting with iPad too results in the same issue.

thanks again

andy

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 43

There is a bug with iPhones that prevents you from accessing the UI.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 10 of 43

Ah ok. So the blink device connects ok, it's just certain features that don't work? Apologies for all the questions, I've not come across this device before.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 11 of 43

The problem began a few weeks ago so Talktalk sent me a new router …

So, no I was getting the issue with the old Sagencom router too.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 43

Hi Andy,

Can I just confirm, has this previously worked ok with this router and has only just stopped working?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 13 of 43

Hi Michelle 

Situation is the same. Can’t get router to connect to Sync Module.  The router appears as an option to connect to, but alas no joy.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 43

Hi Andy,

The firmware has now been updated. Please let us know how your connection compares.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 15 of 43

Yes Please…. could you let me know when the update is finished and any instructions you would like me to try.

Regards

Andy

Message 16 of 43

Hi andyb101

We have new firmware available for your router.

Will it be ok for me to update your router to the new version this morning?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW. It should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 17 of 43

Morning Michelle 

thanks for getting back.

Still can’t connect router to Sync Module….done resets on both router & SM.  I’ve plugged in extender and the system is on… however, only getting limited functionality with my cameras.  The signal strength not great.

this is the only way I can get any use from the cameras.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 43

Morning andy,

Thanks for the update. How are you getting on?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 19 of 43

Thanks

ive plugged in an extender and connected my Blink sync mod to it.  All’s good. Blink system up & running.

will check a few things as it just updated firmware ( which may make a difference and allow me to connect router to module.  

0 Likes

Message 20 of 43

It could conceivably be a faulty router. Before reaching that conclusion though it may be worth one more try. Reset the Hub with a pinhole reset so it returns to factory settings. Reset the module again. If it still doesn't connect, see if you can get into the router settings to change the SSIDs. If you still cannot access the router settings, wait for a further response from the support team when they are back online tomorrow. 

0 Likes