cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Connection issue with Blink Sync Module 2

andyb101
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 43 of 43

Having frustrating issues with my talktalk router not being able to connect with my Blink Sync Mod2.  The module, which controls my security cameras, works on 2.4 GHz freq.  Whenever I try to pair the router and SM I get the incorrect password error.  (I know it’s correct)

ironically, if I plug in a tp link WiFi extender the SM will connect.  However, it’s hit & miss and is unreliable.

I’ve tried powering off the router, Sync Mod, resetting, persistence with trying to connect all without success.  
My system has previously worked so I’m at a loss why I can’t connect with the router.

Help !!!

0 Likes
42 REPLIES 42

Message 21 of 43

Any ideas re this issue of connecting Sagemcom router and Blink Sync Module 2 please ??

andyb

0 Likes

Message 22 of 43

When going into router dashboard I can’t get into 

Talktalk WiFi Hub…it throws me back to the login screen every time.

0 Likes

Message 23 of 43

Sorry, I’ve been using iPhone 15 and iPad Air in attempting to do this.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 43

I’ll try another factory reset.

then I’ll try to get into logs as you advise, thanks 

0 Likes

Message 25 of 43

Hi

Oh yes, loads of times.  
factory reset router too.

My other devices connect to the router without issue, but the Sync Mod is not playing ball.

cheers

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 26 of 43

Have you disabled either WiFi band, as there is a bug associated with re-enabling them? If you have the only way around it is to perform another factory reset?

What sort of device are you trying to access the router UI, a PC or a mobile one?

Please can you PM me a section of the system log covering the time when a connection fails. This can be found by going to:-

Dashboard > See internet settings > Manage advanced settings > TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub > Maintenance > Logs

Don't worry about all of the DNS errors you are likely to see, they are a minor bug. Just copy & paste everything from that time period & I will extract what I need.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 27 of 43

I'm scratching my head here. I have a Blink Sync Module 2 and it connects just fine on a dual band router. Have you tried a reset of the module itself? 

0 Likes

Message 28 of 43

P.S.

i tried to connect using only the 2.4 GHz band. No joy.

0 Likes

Message 29 of 43

Hi

followed your advice but unfortunately still no connection between my router and sync module.

it should work on 2.4 GHz band.  I went into my router Dashboard setting but it would only allow me to disable/enable the 5GHz band.  I couldn’t get into the WiFi hub settings (it kept throwing me back to the login stage)

hope this helps….

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 30 of 43

Hi @andyb101 

OK, thanks for that, you either have the FAST5364 or FAST5464, but they are identical with the exception of a phone port on one, which currently is of no concern.

The problem is that some smart device apps (I have no idea if the Blink one suffers from this or not), they are not written in a way that supports a dual-band router.  Alas, these have been around for years now.

You need to leave both bands using the same network name normally, but there is no problem changing the 5GHz one to something else on a temporary basis. To do this, log into the router & go to:-

Dashboard > See Wi-Fi Settings > Manage Advanced Settings > Wi-Fi 5Ghz gear icon > Basic

In there change the SSID field to say append 5G onto the end of the existing network name & leave the password the same. Submit that & then try to connect the Blink device via the app. Assuming that connects OK, then rename the 5GHz band on the router back to what it was originally.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

andyb101
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 31 of 43

It’s a new Sagencom router ( can’t find model number)

I use the Blink app to try and connect the sync mod2 to the router.  I enter WiFi  and. Router passwords manually as shown on the router.

tried a Router factory reset today.. still no connection between Sync mod and router.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 32 of 43

Hi @andyb101 

Whilst I have no direct experience with this device, from my point of view it is a wireless device just like any other & therefore shouldn't be a problem. Please can you clarify a couple of quick points:-

1. Which make/model of TalkTalk router are you using? Is it perhaps a Sagemcom 5364/5464 or is it an eero?
  2. I know that the error concerns the WiFi password, but is this entered manually when selecting the router's wireless network name (SSID) or is it using an app to control the initial connection?

Thanks

Keith

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 34 of 43

Hi @Michelle-TalkTalk 

I do have a lot of threads that I am dealing with today, but I will try and investigate this one later today.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 35 of 43

Morning,

@KeithFrench - Have you come across this before, or have any suggestions please?

Thanks

Michelle

Message 36 of 43

Hi Thanks for your suggestion.  Unfortunately after trying your method 3 times, the SM didn’t connect to my router.  I continue to get a steady red light on the SM.

0 Likes

Message 37 of 43

Sensitive information should never be posted in the public thread, @andyb101.

You must leave it in the profile area, which only you and staff can access, rather than the whole world! 

Go via your avatar; settings; drop down menu....

Personal Information: add the Talktalk phone number or account number. SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

andyb101
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Private Message TalkTalk

Message 38 of 43

Account no  XXXXXX REMOVED FOR SECURITY REASONS 

0 Likes

Mike1747
Visitor
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 39 of 43

I had the same.. had the new Eero 6 sent to me .. the SM on my Blink really didnt like it. So had to do a hard reset on the firmware.

Press and hold the reset button on the SM in with a pin and keep it held/pressed in. 

Unplug the SM from the power cable

Count to 10

Replug the power cable and then release the reset button.

It will reset the firmware and then you should be able to add the SM to your system. Worked for me. 

0 Likes

Message 40 of 43

OK thanks. Could you add your TalkTalk home telephone number or account number to your community profile and let us know when you done this

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes