cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Customer service appalling.

mikegriffiths71
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 20 of 20

Can someone help me! VPN issue. I've wasted hours of time getting nowhere. People on here seem to have got the problem fixed. I can't believe how I've been treated and lied to by talk talk customer service staff and the problem is still not fixed. They are incompetent and seem unaware of the issue with the firmware update that is common knowledge on here. Please help.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 2 of 20

Hi Mike so gad to see that @Debbie-TalkTalk was able to get you sorted! The team here on the forum really are the best,

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.

Message 3 of 20

Message 4 of 20

Thanks, you to, this has been a pleasure, not like the last week!

Have a great weekend

Mike

Message 5 of 20

Hi Mike

I will pass on your feedback about the badges to the Community Manager.

Thanks 

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Thanks for pointing out my error, it's not resolved in minutes after hours wasted on people denying the issue. And then they give you stupid badges! I'm not a 5 year old, I'm a IT incompetent 50 year old 🤣

Mike
0 Likes

mikegriffiths71
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 20

And what is it with all these stupid badges I'm earning, can't they put their time and money into sorting problems instead of patronising crap.

Thanks again for resolving the issue.

Mike

Mike
0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

Hi Mike

I'm so glad to hear this and I will feed this back about the Faults Team and the issues you experienced.

I will send you a link by Private Message for a short survey for your experience on the Community today.

If you experience any further issues then please let us know on the Community.

Have a lovely day.

Debbie 🙂

Message 9 of 20

Hi Debbie,

I love you, it works, after a week of calls and chats, hours wasted when I could least afford the time, you solve it in minutes! 

Yes please feedback, the first they need to do is acknowledge that the issue exists! They keep saying that talk talk don't block VPN, go back to your work IT people, time after time, even when I sent them the info I posted about the issue and the fact is on the community, they refuse to accept it's a talk talk problem.

So thank you for helping.

Might

Mike

Message 10 of 20

Hi Mike

Apologies, for this particular issue a firmware change is required.

The next firmware version will fully resolve the issue with VPN.

The change I have made should have resolved this for you (fingers crossed)

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie 🙂

mikegriffiths71
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 20

Will try, need to get laptop up and running. I thought the guy the other night was fobbing me off, made me reset the router saying it would update what he'd done and to wait 24 hours. Still didn't work obviously.

Let you know shortly.

Mike

Mike
0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Hi Mike

I will feed this back to our Faults Team as I have been told that they should be able to implement this fix, I'm really sorry about this.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20

Hi Mike

All updated. You don't need to reboot the router.

Please can you retest?

Thanks again.

Debbie

mikegriffiths71
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 14 of 20

Thanks Debbie,

I've spent hours trying to sort this, thanks. I tried to message you but it made me login and then I couldn't find you! Eventually worked out how to use this to post on the group. My fault for being useless with computers. But surely the phone and chat people should be able to do it!

Hope I can give feedback after, gold star for you, the rest need to be told what to do about this issue.

Thanks.

Mike

Mike
0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Hi Mike

Starting the update now, I shouldn't be too long.

Debbie 🙂

mikegriffiths71
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 16 of 20

Hi Debbie,

Yes, please, I see you've fixed this for others, why couldn't all the other customer support people do this? Chat and phone all deny there's any problem!

Please let me know as soon as it's done as I may be able to check before going to work.
Do I need to reset the router again after what you are going to do?
Thanks in advance for your help.
Mike
Mike
0 Likes

Message 17 of 20

Hi Mike

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I will need to make a change to your router firmware, will it be ok if I do this update this morning?

We advise to leave the router switched on without being rebooted whilst we update the FW. This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

Thanks

0 Likes

mikegriffiths71
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 18 of 20

Hi, 

Sorry, the problem is I can't connect to a work VPN. Apparently it's because of a firmware update. It worked fine previously. 
The work IT people said this-

The issue is due to a firmware update to the TalkTalk Wifi Hub, the version specifically is SG4K100136
They have specified several times on their forums that this version is causing issues with VPN connections and have had members of the team connect to the router and either update or rollback this firmware (not specified exactly what they did) and this fixed the problem.

It seems a common complaint on this community, and seems people have had it resolved. I've spent hours being told it's not a talk talk problem, go back to the work IT people, or going through the same tests and "let's reset the router", after being told they'd done something. Been left on an open phone line for ages, I have screenshots of the times as I will be complaining about that person, who just left. I'd rather they were rude and sorted the issue rather than this polite incompetence! 
Cheers,
Mike
Mike
0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 19 of 20

Hi @mikegriffiths71 good rant but you forgot to detail your vpn issue? Your post has been escalated. 

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes