cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

DHCP disable

Darren28
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 5 of 5

Hi, I currently have DHCP enabled on my Huawei dg8041w router as the IP address keeps changing, I want to set the router to have a static IP address. Could someone explain how to do this in the simplest of terms please.

Thanks Daz. 

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

I think you’re confusing helium mining with BitCoin mining. Helium only uses a small amount of data in kbps not massive data like BitCoin. People watching a couple of movies a month on Netflix use more data than helium mining in a month and they aren’t advised to read “fair usage” policies. 

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 5

@Darren28  static IP address are not available on home contracts.

That's the final answer.

You should also read TT's "fair usage" policy.

0 Likes

Darren28
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 3 of 5

Hi, thanks for your reply 

I’ve just set up a helium miner and I’m trying to give it the most stable setup to work with. I’ve set port forward, disabled UPnP and another recommendation I saw was to set a static IP as this is how other miners communicate with my miner and if this keeps changing it won’t work to it’s full potential, or so I’m lead to believe. Maybe someone on here already has a helium miner setup and can better advise me.

Thanks Daz. 

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 5

You external IP address is dynamic, TT do not offer fixed IP addresses on home broadband contracts.

What exactly are you trying to achieve ?

The internal IP address by default is 192.168.1.1 and can be changed in the settings if required.

0 Likes