cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

DHCP reservation issues

mikegostev
First Timer
Private Message
Message 7 of 7

Hi

I have issues with DHCP reservation. Whenever I add the new reservation the router rejects it because some my existing reservations "already in use". It looks like a UI/FW bug. Any ideas?

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 1 of 7

What happens if you reserve the IP address the device already has, via the device listed in the initial Advanced mode section? I can't say I have noticed any problems, but a screenshot of what you are trying to do would make it easier for me to see if I can replicate your problem.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

mikegostev
First Timer
Private Message
Message 2 of 7

Serial NumberHardware VersionSoftware VersionGUI Version

N7191784N002270
FAST5364 3.00
SG4K100136

I don't reuse IP. I add the new reservation, but the UI shows a error on one of the previously existing reservations. It says "IP already in use". Of course it is but I don't change it I just add something new.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 7

Hi @mikegostev @Debbie-TalkTalk 

What firmware is your Sagemcom running, you have only quoted the hardware revision?

To reuse a previously reserved IP address, the device that used that address previously must not have tried to connect to the router for more than 24 hours (default DHCP Lease time is 1 day). Once this timer has expired, the IP address should be available again. If you do not want to wait that long, reboot the router.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi mikegostev

Thank you.

@KeithFrench is this an issue you have reported?

Message 5 of 7

Hi.

It is Sagemcom FAST 5364-3.T8

Regards

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 7

Hello,

Which router are you using? (make and model)

Thanks

0 Likes