cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Eero

Deepways6
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 4

I had eero installed yesterday and having problems with a couple of devices connecting too it. It said connection is poor. I’m really disappointed as was promised a better connection and it is definitely worse 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 4

Hi Deepways6,

How are you getting on, has Keith and Gondolas's advices helped?

Chris

Gondola
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 4

Hi Deepways6 

The eero app has a troubleshooting mode that can help you connect devices to the 2.4GHz network or allow older devices to connect.

You'll find this via the Settings tab:

Then select Troubleshooting and the top menu item My device won't connect

Choose the relevant option:
If needing to connect a device to the 2.4GHz network select Temporarily pause 5GHz

eero Settings tab - select Troubleshooting

eero Settings tab - Troubleshooting - select My device is 2GHz only

If either of the two troubleshooting modes gets your devices connected to the eero then all good. If it's a Wi-Fi interference issue then there isn't the option of manually selecting Wi-Fi channels as the eero will detect and select the best channels to use.

A signal strength issue is likely due to non-optimal placement of the eero. Ideally a single eero ought to be central to the household and placed mid way between floor and ceiling.  The eero app help is linked below and is via your Future Fibre MyAccount login. There's more guidance on placement of the eero device.

The eero Support Hub is your go-to resource for information, guides and Community support

Select here:
eero Support Hub

eero 6 and eero Pro 6 Help

eero - Setting up your eero

eero app

eero - Problems connecting a device?

GondolaCommunity Star 2017-2024

Like below to appreciate my post . . . Mark as solved  Accept as Solution

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 4

What WiFi band are these devices connected to, the 2.4 or 5GHz bands?

Slow speed, intermittent dropouts, breaks in the signal or no signal on some or all devices or no internet access might be caused by Wi-Fi interference from other local networks, which can also lead to a permanent reduction in speed. No ISP can be responsible for your local environment, this is mainly a by-product of the popularity of Wi-Fi.

Generally speaking, the 2.4GHz band suffers much more from interference than the 5GHz band, but the 2.4GHz one can sometimes have a better range, but this all depends on your local area.

The next stage involves sending out a guide to you to help you get me some important diagnostic results so that I can analyse them for you and recommend changes to your router configuration to solve them.

I only send this out to people who request it.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?