cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Erratic Broadband Speed

Hughesy6066
First Timer
Private Message
Message 3 of 3

I'm been having trouble with erratic broadband speed. According to the TalkTalk portal, I should be getting 60-75Mbps, but over a day the speed varies from about 50Mbps (at best), down to 2-3 Mbps, and about 1 or 2 times a day it will lose broadband connection completely (and reconnect shortly after). I've done the connection tests (both wired and WiFi) and no error to the router can be found, even when my speed is down to 2 or 3 Mbps. Rebooting the router temporarily fixes the issue, but the speed begins to fluctuate hours later. Is there a chance that there is a line issue that isn't being detected by the connection test?, or could there be an issue with my phone socket or router?

Any ideas?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 3

Hi Hughesy6066,

Line test is passing and router is in sync at 61.2Mbps. How many telephone sockets do you have? Do you have anything connected to your telephone socket(s) in addition to your router?

Chris

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 3

I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday), but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk have responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?