cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Erratic Router Connections

Gordon1946
Team Player
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

I am having problems with my Sagecom Router supplied by Talktalk in as much as while I have internet connection on my WiFi items(LapYouView Box from TT and a Hive hub)

They both go off at the same time while wifi items carry on as normal. While connected the YouView and Hive Hub work as they should.

This has been raised on two occasions with TT but the agents do not seem to understand what is going on and just tell me my line doesnt show any faults.

The only way I can get wired items to reconnect to the internet is to shut down the router which takes almost 10 minutes to reconnect.

Anyone any helpful suggestions

Gordon

Gordon 1946
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

No problem Gordon 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Thank you Chris. Just got back home.

If any problems occur I’ll contact you again.

I find it difficult to understand why the fault team were not able to take this action a month ago when first reported, 4 occurance of the problem had happened in 10 day period. Have had 2 more since, plus the one yesterday which prompted my post.

once again thank you for your prompt help.

Gordon

Gordon 1946
0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

OK the firmware update seems to have completed now

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

Hi Gordon,

I'll update your firmware now, it should complete in 10-15 minutes

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

OK, we'll update your firmware then

Chris

Gordon1946
Team Player
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

Hi Michelle.

This morning from 10:30am will be fine. System will not be in use then as need to be elsewhere late morning.

Firmware is that mentioned by Skynet_TX

Gordon 1946

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to update the router firmware? When would be the best time to do this today as this will take around 20 minutes to complete?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi @Gordon1946,

What version of firmware is your router running ?. You can see this by browsing to http://192.168.1.1/ and seeing what it says after 'version' towards the bottom of the login screen, it will start with SG4K.

Version SG4K10002816t is known to have some DNS resolution issues that can cause similar symptoms in that some devices can effectively lose connectivity even though the router LED remains solid white, and other devices can appear to remain working.

0 Likes