cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

FTP Error 425 No Reverse DNS set on Domain

harveyi
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

I have 3 independent IOT devices that sync up from an Internet time source that log information via FTP data files to two FTP servers on the internet (Both with the same IP address) before the 17th of May all  logging worked fine. After the 17th of May and ongoing I get connection errors to from all the devices for some log files. They are log files that occur at 04:10, 08:10, 12:10,16:10 and 20:10 every day ! Log files occur every 10 minutes and all the rest log correctly. The FTP connection error is generated because there is no Reverse DNS set on the Domain. This I discovered from the Customer Support of the FTP server. So I have moved one of the devices into another house and ISP suppliers (Sky I think) the IOT device that was moved now logs fine to the Same FTP server I am using. The ones left connected via TalkTalks internet are still generating errors. This suggests to me that Talk Talk are not setting the Reverse DNS lookup for my IP address for a period every 4 hours.  I suspect that you are performing some maintenance every four hours that is blocking the function. The date 17th of may is doubly relevant because that is date my talk talk public IP address changed. Please can you tell me why connections from a IOT device connecting using SKY sees not errors and the two on Talk Talk see Reverse DNS lookup not set errors every for hours. Regards Ian

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi harveyi,

Glad to hear it's working now, thanks for letting me know 🙂

Chris

0 Likes

harveyi
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 9

I Started experiencing this from all local devices earlier this week  for a period and was unable to connecr with any FTP client. But that seems to resolve itself. And the "fault" then stopped happening  So I'm going to say  Thankyou for fixing the Issue as logs from 20:00 on the 23rd on wards nolong show the problem. Which suggests you have fixed It!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

If it's worked in the past then could you switch your modem and router off and leave them off for at least 30 minutes, then switch both back on and retest. Please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

harveyi
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 9

Hi Chris,  The Router issue is unrelated. But I need to find out why when My IOT devices that log on TalkTalks network  get the FTP 425 error because the MY IP addresses domain reverse DNS is not populated where as if my IOT devices that  log across SKY's network they don't fail.  The fact they only fail on the log files at 04:10 08:10 12:10 16:10 and 20:10 where as they log all other files (3 every 10 mins) successfully suggests that if is some sort or scheduled event on TalkTalks network Infrastructure. You may be able to zone in on it as it started when TalkTalk updated my public IP address on the 17th of may. Thanks Ian

0 Likes

Message 5 of 9

Hi harveyi,

I can see that Michelle has posted on your other thread earlier this morning

Chris

0 Likes

harveyi
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

I've replied about my router on the other thread. But I need to find out why when My IOT devices that log on TalkTalks network  get the FTP 425 error because the MY IP addresses domain reverse DNS is not populated where as if my IOT devices that  log across SKY's network they don't fail.  The fact they only fail on the log files at 04:10 08:10 12:10 16:10 and 20:10 where as they log all other files (3 every 10 mins) successfully suggests that if is some sort or scheduled event on TalkTalks network Infrastructure. You may be able to zone in on it as it started when TalkTalk updated my public IP address on the 17th of may

0 Likes

harveyi
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 7 of 9

Sorry for posting twice  but it occurred to me that it was better on a separate thread just after I posted it ... Doh!

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hello,

I've just posted on your original topic now.

Thanks

0 Likes