cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

FastVPN connection issues

chikipiki
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Hi,

FastVPN was working fine just a few days ago. Now it shows as being connected, but after around a minute internet access is not working, whilst the app still shows that the VPN is on and working.

I can connect through FastVPN on my android device through TalkTalk and it works fine. But my Mac computer is having this issue.

I've completely removed FastVPN and all its folders and settings, and re-installed it, with the same results.

As a test, I run a ping command in bash to Google when I activate the VPN, and a minute later it fails, same with ability to connect to all websites.

When I connect my computer to a different hotspot, the VPN works just fine. So this is a TalkTalk or router problem, it seems.

Is VPN being throttled or blocked? Did the firmware change in the last few days?

Thanks in advance for your help.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6

Morning,

I'm sorry for the delay. We've checked and the router has the most recent version of firmware which should work fine with VPN. Have you tried powering down the router for a full 30 minutes and then retested this again as this will reset the current session?

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Staff are not on here evenings  / overnight  / over the weekend, @chikipiki.

They follow up during the day, Monday to Friday. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

chikipiki
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 3 of 6

Hi, as already mentioned, I've done this

0 Likes

chikipiki
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

Done

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 5 of 6

Hello,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes