cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet problem

Jackdempsey54
First Timer
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 6 of 6

Internet not working since 3pm Saturday 20/01/2024.

Talk talk tested my line and said there was a fault from them to my property and was working to fix it.

Since then I've had NO update to what's going on.

In fact I checked on the down Internet and talk talk say everything is fine and NO FAULTS!

so I've done everything possible..switching it off on/off etc. Its still not working!

I will be cancelling talk talk once I can get on not Web page which they say there doing maintenance on. 

Terrible Terrible service!!

5 REPLIES 5

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 6

Hi Jack,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Michelle

0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

2 hours, 7 agents, are the trying to break me!!!

0 Likes

Message 3 of 6

I'm now on my 4 agent, 60 mins later

0 Likes

dawn_hdg
Chatterbox
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 6

I've now been on live chat for 45 mins and spoke to 3 agents who have done absolutely nothing apart from ask me the problem and security questions I'M FUMING. It's not been right since about 18th Jan, apparently Manchester had an outage. Having to use mobile data to contact them or watch any catch up tv. Saying connected and everything is fine when it's not. And they stop supporting itvx and don't send you a new box when you're paying a contract?!

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 6

@Jackdempsey54, to cancel, you need to phone 03451 720088, during the day, Monday to Saturday (plug "contact" into the search engine for full details of opening hours etc).

If you use Chat to cancel, you need to catch a phone call back, so you might as well phone in the first place. 

You can't cancel via forum staff  / My Account or email, but there is a snail mail address in the Ts&Cs as another option. See the link at the foot of the page. 

However, a few hours is quite a short down time (long when you need to get stuff done....). You would be expected to pay early termination fees if you don't give Talktalk several weeks of time to sort this, assuming that you are still in contract. Otherwise 30 days' notice or until another provider takes over the line, if you are out of the minimum term. 

Hopefully it won't come to that!

If it's not sorted out in a few days, you start to qualify for automatic compensation (check details in the search engine) which is calculated after resolution of the issue.

Meanwhile:

If you can use data to access Chat, that team is available on Sunday. 

Otherwise phone support and forum staff are back on here from Monday morning. 

Let us know if this is sorted over the weekend. If you still need help on the forum, ensure that you have completed your community forum profile details. Add your Talktalk phone number  / account number where it asks for the phone number in Personal Information. Go via your avatar/name; settings; drop down menu......SAVE CHANGES. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes