cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Free upgrade to fibre 35 now no internet

Roland6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 17 of 17

Talk talk offered a free upgrade from standard broadband to fibre 35. Email advised switchover date fri 4th Feb 22, and that no engineer visit required and can use same router (DG8041W-2.T5 talk talk Wi-Fi hub) and cabling. Came home from work that evening to no broadband. Turned router off and back on, reset, checked cables, took router to main phone socket etc, still not working. Did line test on the website with my mobile, says no fault, have reported a fault (ref REP 10907906). All that happens is the router shows blinking orange light. However the home phone works with no issue and the router and broadband were working fine until Friday. If I log into the router, says internet disconnected. I believe something hasn’t been connected right at talk talks end. Please fix as soon as possible as this is very inconvenient and I am using unnecessary mobile data trying to sort this. Any assistance much appreciated. Thank you. 

16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Morning,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the fault has been resolved.

Thanks

0 Likes

Roland6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 2 of 17

Hi, Engineer came today, turned out to be an issue at the cabinet down the street, which has now been rectified.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 17

Hi Roland6,

I've booked the appointment for tomorrow morning - February 11 2022, AM (08:00-13:00) - please let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

Hi Roland6,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi Roland6,

I've sent you a PM

Chris

0 Likes

Roland6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 6 of 17

Hi,

I accept the engineer charges,  and will be available all day on Thursday as I will not at work. Thanks 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi Roland6,

If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges

• Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

•  

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Roland6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 8 of 17

Hi,

please arrange for an engineer visit, so this can get fixed as soon as possible. Thanks 

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 9 of 17

Hi @Roland6,

Info on potential engineer charges can be found here : https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Articles/Engineer-charges/ta-p/2207291

I would imagine it would be an Openreach engineer that is required. If the fault is out on the Openreach network then you would not be charged.

0 Likes

Roland6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 10 of 17

Hi,

Ok, I’ve tested the other router and it still doesn’t work. Looks like I need a visit from an engineer. However, I will only agree to this if any costs are explained first. Thanks 

0 Likes

Roland6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 11 of 17

Hi,

I will try the other router again tonight. If it comes to an engineer visit,   Will I be charged, and if so how much. Everything was fine before this “upgrade “. Since I did not cause this, if I am charged for a visit, I think this would not be fair.  If the other router doesn’t work, I will have no choice but to arrange an engineer visit.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

If you've tested with a different router then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like us to do this please let us know and we'll confirm some details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Roland6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 13 of 17

Hi, I did try another router, but that didn’t work either. The talk talk router was working fine until Friday. Is the fault with the router or with the broadband service. Would like this sorted as soon as possible. Thanks

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 14 of 17

Hi Roland6,

Your router appears to be in sync but repeatedly connecting and then dropping the connection. Do you have another router that you can test with?

Chris

0 Likes

Roland6
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 15 of 17

Hi, Turned off the router for more than an hour this morning and back on, but still just the blinking orange light. Telephone works just fine. If I connect to the router with my iPhone over Wi-Fi says the network has no internet. I think the router is not getting any broadband signal. I think when I was “upgraded” I wasn’t actually connected. Hope this can be fixed soon.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 16 of 17

Switch the router off for fully 30 minutes, @Roland6.

Let us know if that sorts it or if you still need help from Talktalk staff on the forum. They will be back on here during the day. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes