cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Having to switch router off everyday to reset speed

Sticky1245
First Timer
Private Message
Message 9 of 9

I have fibre 65 and the speed to the router is around 65Mbs and from the router to the devices is around 54Mbs but as the day goes on it slows down usually around teatime, today it slowed to 0.1Mbs. After switching the router off and on the speed goes back to 54Mbs, this is happening everyday so I am thinking is there a problem with the router.

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi Shane

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test is clear but it does show - Regular Interference Observed Daily.

Is the router located near to any devices that could cause any interference?

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi Debbie

Tried the new router and it is worst than the last one, when fitted I was getting 64MBps to the router and 54 to devices yesterday.

Came on line this morning and I was getting 1.4Mb to devices wired and wireless, had to restart router and was getting 64Mb to router and 19Mb to devices. Tried another test and it dropped to 1.4Mb, just done another one and it is at 18Mb. 

I will move the router to see If there is a problem with the position, there is only my wife and me so we only have a couple of devices connected so I am not sure why the speed keeps slowing down, I feel the more we use the net the slower it gets until it stops.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Shane

No problem, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Sticky1245
First Timer
Private Message
Message 4 of 9

Hi Debbie

Thanks for the router, I have not had a chance to try as I have been away from home.

I will try it tomorrow and tell you the results 

Thanks Shane

Message 5 of 9

Hi Sticky1245

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I have ordered you a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 6 of 9

Interesting, I've had the same sort of issue with the DG8041W in the past, the staff here should be able to advise tomorrow, and if they think necessary they may suggest sending you a different make of router.

Message 7 of 9

I have updated my profile and my router is a Huawei DG8041W.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 8 of 9

Hi @Sticky1245,

What model of router do you have ?

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes