cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Router changing back to slow channels

lesdbos
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

I noticed my pc was acting really slowly, things were taking too long. I changed my router channel to 100 from 36 to achieve good speeds 50mbps on 5Ghz 

Next time I switch on my pc the router will have changed itself back to channel 36 (between 5 - 10 mbps), very slow and very annoying.

I have switched off / on, unplugged and waited, pressed reset etc....no no avail.

Can you do whatever you need to do to stop the channel changing on its own please, or give me instructions on how to do this.

Thankyou.

Keep safe, Recycle, Look after the planet and each other, we're only here once!
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12
0 Likes

lesdbos
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 12

Thank you Debbie, I'll try it shortly and keep you posted over the next few "switch ons".

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi lesdbos

The WIFI optimisation has now been switched off, please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

lesdbos
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 12

Cool. Thanks, goodnight.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 5 of 12

All good, it has appeared now, so just wait for the staff to pick this up tomorrow, they will post here to confirm when they have disabled Wi-Fi Optimisation.

lesdbos
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 6 of 12

Just double checked to be sure. Account then profile and settings, all details are there. Maybe no symbol because I'm on here for the 1st time tonight. Thank you 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 7 of 12

Cool, the reason I mentioned it is because I notice that the Skynet_TX_0-1639434776713.png symbol is not appearing next to your profile image, that usually means the key profile details are not complete, but it might just be this community site being a bit slow to update. The key thing to ensure you have filled in is the landline phone number related to your account (you can see this in 'My Account' if you don't know what it is), as the staff here will use your landline phone number to identify your account.

lesdbos
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 8 of 12

Great, thank you. All my details are in my profile.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 9 of 12

Hi @lesdbos,

The staff here on the community will reply to this thread (hopefully tomorrow), they will be able to disable Wi-Fi Optimisation for you, but you need to fill in your community profile as described in my first reply so that they know who you are.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

0 Likes

lesdbos
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 12

Hi, yes it is the Sagemcom. If you can fix it for me that would be great. What should I do next for you to do this?

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi @lesdbos,

Do you have the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub ?

If so, this router has a feature called 'Wi-Fi Optimisation' that can cause this behaviour, the staff here can disable Wi-Fi optimisation for you, it will then stay on whatever channel you choose.

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

0 Likes