cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Home safe stopped working after engineer visit.

Darren19701
Team Player
Message 35 of 35
We had an engineer install full fibre broadband to our property on Friday. 

He put in a new terminal box and then connected it to our wifi hub using a cable supplied by Talk Talk.

Since then the home safe setting have not worked at all.

I contacted TT and they took me through all sorts of changes to our computers but nothing made a difference. It seems obvious that the change to fibre is the issues, but TT aren't being very helpful. I can expect a call from an engineer, but probably not until after Christmas.

This is too long to wait for me, so does anyone have any idea what might be happening? 

I thought it might be that the router is pointing at a new dns, but the dns is still 79.79.79.79

It's very perplexing and upsetting.

Thank you.

0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Message 1 of 35

Sorry about that, I've asked if someone can contact you about this but not received response yet, I'll let you know when I do

Chris

0 Likes

Darren19701
Team Player
Message 2 of 35

No call received yesterday. I'm in all day today so would appreciate the call. 

0 Likes

Message 3 of 35

I've asked for you to be called today if possible, I'll let you know when I receive an update (or you may be contacted directly by our network team)

Chris

0 Likes

Message 4 of 35

OK thanks, I'll try to arrange a callback for today

Chris

0 Likes

Darren19701
Team Player
Message 5 of 35

I'm available from now all day.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 35

Are you available any time or is there a time window that you prefer?

Chris

0 Likes

Darren19701
Team Player
Message 7 of 35

Yes please.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 35

I'll try to arrange another callback, would you like them to call you on the mobile number in your Community Profile?

Chris

0 Likes

Darren19701
Team Player
Message 9 of 35

Old mobile number was on My Account details. Updated now. They must have used that one rather than on my forum info. Can I request another callback? 

0 Likes

Darren19701
Team Player
Message 10 of 35

We don't use the landline and I have no missed calls on my mobile. I'll check that my mobile number is correct.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 35

Hi Darren19701,

I've checked the notes and it looks as though they tried to call you on your landline and mobile. Notes say they left voice mail on your landline and couldn't get through on your mobile, do you have any missed calls on your mobile?

Chris

0 Likes

Darren19701
Team Player
Message 12 of 35

Nope. Disappointed. 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 35

Hi Darren19701,

Have you heard anything since your last post?

Chris

0 Likes

Darren19701
Team Player
Message 14 of 35

No phone call as of yet. We don't use the landline so I hope they tried to call my alternate number.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 35

Hi Darren19701,

Thanks for the information. There's a call back booked with our technical team to contact you today between 2pm-4pm to discuss this issue, they'll hopefully be able to get o the bottom of the problem, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

0 Likes

Darren19701
Team Player
Message 16 of 35

The engineer installed this:

20211221_140733.jpg

He ran the yellow cable shown (supplied via post by Talk Talk) to our wifi hub router.

0 Likes

Message 17 of 35

OK, thanks for the clarification. So when you said that the engineer has fitted a new terminal box, did you mean a new Master Socket?

Chris

0 Likes

Darren19701
Team Player
Message 18 of 35

My apologies for not having any understanding of what your customer types are. My package is called fibre 35. That's all I know! The installation visit wasn't even something I asked for. All the houses in my area are being done by Freedom Fibre.

0 Likes

Message 19 of 35

Hi Darren19701,

Thanks for updating your profile. We thought you were a future fibre customer because of your comments in your first post about having full fibre installed. What service did you have before the upgrade?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 20 of 35

Thank you. As far as I'm aware I'm not a future fibre customer? I've just a regular broadband account.

0 Likes