Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home safe stopped working after engineer visit.

Darren19701
Team Player
Message 35 of 35
We had an engineer install full fibre broadband to our property on Friday. 

He put in a new terminal box and then connected it to our wifi hub using a cable supplied by Talk Talk.

Since then the home safe setting have not worked at all.

I contacted TT and they took me through all sorts of changes to our computers but nothing made a difference. It seems obvious that the change to fibre is the issues, but TT aren't being very helpful. I can expect a call from an engineer, but probably not until after Christmas.

This is too long to wait for me, so does anyone have any idea what might be happening? 

I thought it might be that the router is pointing at a new dns, but the dns is still 79.79.79.79

It's very perplexing and upsetting.

Thank you.

0 Likes
34 REPLIES 34

Message 21 of 35

I've added contact details onto my profile.

Apologies for posting twice, but the initial message on Fibre was being ignored.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 35

OK thanks martswain, I know the OP won't have telephone number but the other info may be useful 🙂

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 23 of 35

@Chris-TalkTalk the OP, @Darren19701  has had FULL FIBRE installed so they will not have a phone number unless part of the VoIP trial.

They have also opened the same issue in the FIBRE board here

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Fibre/Home-Safe-Not-Working-Since-Full-Fibre-Broadband-Installed...

Maybe this should be moved to the FUTURE FIBRE board.

0 Likes

Message 24 of 35

OK thanks. 

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Darren19701
Team Player
Message 25 of 35

Yes. Definitely using talk talk.

0 Likes

Message 26 of 35

Could you just confirm that you're definitely accessing the Internet via your TalkTalk router and not your mobile phone network?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 27 of 35

Yes. For example bet365.com is a gambling site that should be blocked but can be accessed via three different laps tops and two phones.

0 Likes

Message 28 of 35

And you can access sites that should be blocked, on more than one device?

Chris

0 Likes

Message 29 of 35

I have a sagemcom wifi hub router.

0 Likes

Message 30 of 35

And you have the Sagemcom router?

Chris

0 Likes

Darren19701
Team Player
Message 31 of 35

Yes. I've tried that. Does not make a difference. Still no protection from harmful sites.

0 Likes

Message 32 of 35

OK thanks, have you tried switching it off and back on again in My Account? If you haven't then can you give this a try and let us know how you get on

Chris

0 Likes

Message 33 of 35

Hi Chris. Yes it is.

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 34 of 35

Hi Darren19701,

Is HomeSafe enabled in My Account?

Chris

0 Likes