cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Huawei router, WiFi signal failing

Skint
First Timer
Private Message
Message 8 of 8

Hello all,

Any thoughts on boosting the WiFi signal on the Huawei router?

It seems to have degraded, it is not next to a magnetic source. The router has not moved but is getting excessively hot. Tried turn off cool down but to no avail.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi Skint

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 8

Debbie,

Yes this morning. I have installed all is A-OK, i think that the old router may have been burning out (had this before with a netgear). I think it was 3yrs old on 24/7

Thanks for sending the new router, i have packaged and just sent the old one back.

Best regards

Message 3 of 8

Hi Skint

Have you received the replacement router?

0 Likes

Message 4 of 8

Hi Skint

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 8

Michelle,

That would be brilliant and thanks Keith.

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 8

Morning,

I'm sorry to hear this. We can send a replacement router for testing purposes and a router returns bag so that the original router can be returned. Would this be ok?

Thanks

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 8

Is it well ventilated as it will probably run warm, but not hot? I think in light of this, the first thing to do is to get it replaced. I have asked one of TalkTalk's support to pick your thread up and replace it if they agree with me. However, this may well not improve the wireless strength, as I suspect that is a separate issue. When you get the replacement, unless it is all working fine, let me know & I can help a lot with Wi-Fi issues.

They aim to respond within 48 hours (Monday - Friday) excluding Bank Holidays, but if more urgent you can always try the Service Centre on 0345 172 0088. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. Please try to avoid posting on here until TalkTalk has responded to you, otherwise, this will just put you further down the queue.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they?