cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Imminent fault!...

alpine
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

BT are doing extensive work along my road and at some point have managed to physically detach the phone connection point from the house bracket. It's now dangling in the air from the remaining telegraph pole.

Whilst it's still working, at present it can't be left like this and the connection is clearly not  long for this world. I have talked to one of the Openreach workmen who says he will raise a fault though he doesn't know how it's happened.  It seems sensible to confirm this via you, my ISP. Can you  raise an openreach fault so that this is investigated please!.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi alpine

I'm so glad to hear this, thanks for letting us know 🙂

I have sent you a Private Message with a link to a short survey for the Community.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

alpine
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 2 of 10

Openreach have visited and reattached the line. They've removed the enormous and heavy 1920s insulators and made a direct connection. All is now 100% and you can close the fault.

Thanks for the help! 

Message 3 of 10

Hi alpine

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange the engineer visit.

I will add to the fault ticket notes to advise that this happened due to engineers working in your area.

Thanks

0 Likes

alpine
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 4 of 10

Yes please. Here is the bracket dangling in the wind!

IMG_20230622_133737.png
0 Likes

Message 5 of 10

Hi alpine

Apologies, I can't see a fault raised.

Would you like me to book an engineer visit for you?

0 Likes

alpine
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 6 of 10

Helped the man to raise a formal fault which apparently needs to go to Scotland to be scheduled. He tried to send the fault  via his phone, but poor signal strength means he's off up to  the top of the road to try to send it. I'm dependent on Wifi via the TT BB connection to use mobiles here! Which is why it is a problem if the phone connection ceases...

0 Likes

Message 7 of 10

Hi alpine

Thanks for your reply. Yes please let us know here.

Debbie

0 Likes

alpine
Whizz Kid
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

He says his boss is coming down 'in a bit' to look at it! I will hold off raising a fault via you for the moment. If he doesn't appear, I'll go ahead with the fault...

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 9 of 10

Hi alpine

I'm sorry to hear this.

Did the engineer confirm if they can fix for you today? We will need to book an engineer visit for you if the current engineer does not resolve this for you.

Thanks

0 Likes