cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internal D-Link Connection

p1PPy48
Team Player
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

I have a Talk-Talk D link system taking the signal through the mains to the Box. It has been in for many years and is starting to fail intermittently. I would like to request a replacement pair but I cannot get anyone to make a request to as it does not feature in any of the help systems I have tried.

Anyone know how I can discuss this problem with someone who knows what I am talking about?

Thanks

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 1 of 10

Hi,

Just to confirm, how long have you had the powerline adapters for?

Thanks

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 2 of 10

I am unsure on TalkTalk's position on replacing such old units, so I will leave it up to them to confirm it with you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

p1PPy48
Team Player
Private Message
Message 3 of 10

I have found a guide to the D-Link and established a connection through resets and pairing that is functioning but the powerline on both shows red lights. Nothing has changed in the house other than a new modem. As I have ancient Talk Talk adapters can you supply me a replacement, i.e the latest model that I assume will be compatible with the new router? 

Thanks for you help, the community responses have shown that I am not the only one with this problem.

Phil

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 10

Hi Phil,

OK that means that one unit cannot connect to the other one. As the powerline light is on when side by side in a double socket as per your photo, then the problem may be your electical wiring, but before being certain of it, does the powerline light go out on either when in this double socket?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

p1PPy48
Team Player
Private Message
Message 5 of 10

Thank you Debbie and Keith. My D-Link system was installed with the box and many modems ago so not surprising it giving problems. I believe its a Huawei DHP- 300AV. I have attached a picture. There is plenty of help on setting up D-Links but they don't relate to this model. The central Powerline light works intermittently, but will not stay green for long. It could be that it needs pairing with the modem but I don't know how to do that as there are no factory reset buttons just an on-off switch. Are there any instruction manuals that old?

Phil

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi p1PPy48

Sorry for the delay.

I can see that @KeithFrench has offered to help and Keith provides really great advice on improving wireless performance.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 10

If you look at the back of the units there will be a label containing the make & model for the powerline adapter & also one on the router. 13:74:2F might be half of a MAC address, but in reality, it means nothing as far as identifying what equipment you have.

Sorry to be pedantic, but currently I simply do not know enough of your setup to begin to help you.

Keith

p1PPy48
Team Player
Private Message
Message 8 of 10

The D-link takes my broadband connection from the top of the house to the ground floor through the mains where there is an ethernet link to the Talk Talk box from the base  D-link unit. The only model code I have off my device list is 13:74:2F.

Thanks for making such a prompt response

Phil

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Please can you elaborate:-

1. What D-Link system are you referring to?
  2. what make/model of router do you have? 
  3. What do you mean by the box?

Keith

0 Likes