cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet keeps disconnecting

Ingridb
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 10 of 10

Hi, 

For a few months my Internet has been disconnecting randomly & it has recently got a lot worse. No issues have been showing when we've checked the service status & rebooting the modem doesn't stop it happening.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi

Just checked the tracking number with the courier, the router is out for delivery today.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Ingridb
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 2 of 10

Hi Debbie,

The new router hasn't arrived yet so please could you/someone chase it up.

Thanks,

Ingrid

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

Hi Ingrid 

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Ingridb
Chatterbox
Private Message
Message 4 of 10

Hi Debbie,

Yes, let's try that. 

Thanks, 

Ingrid 

Message 5 of 10

Hi Ingrid 

Would you like me to send a replacement router for testing so we can rule this out?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 10

Hi Michelle,

Yes, it's wireless, but as the modem is always flashing, & sometimes the Internet light goes red, rather than green, I'm presuming using a cable won't help.

Thanks, 

Ingrid 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 7 of 10

Hello,

I've run a test on the line now which hasn't detected a fault and the connection looks stable. Are you connected wireless when the connection is unstable?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 10

Many thanks, I've just updated that.

ferguson
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 10

Sorry to see this. If you would like the support team here to help make sure that your personal details including TalkTalk landline number and/or account number are complete on your community profile (click here) so that they can link your forum identity with your account and then wait for them to respond.

0 Likes