cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Internet keeps on dropping out

Berkoboy
Team Player
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 4 of 4

I am having the same problem as a number of others - my internet keeps on cutting out then 5 or so minutes later restores itself. This is happening dozens of times a day - and has been particularly bad in the last few days . 

I had Openreach at the property a few weeks ago to fix a speed issue - and when connected I do now get Fibre 65 rated Mbps . Tested as REP 14451453

The TalkTalk error page says "intermittent sync".

There have been no changes to any of my equipment or cabling since the Openreach visit. I rather not go through the Helpdesk  same old same old  checks of with/without microfilters/ ethernet cable checks / router reboots / faceplate removal - I can't see any point . Either its the router (unlikely ) or some issue outside the property

3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi @Berkoboy 

Thanks for your reply.

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

If you experience the same fault (connection dropping) with the new router then the next step will be an Openreach engineer visit.

Please let us know how you get on.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 4

Hi Debbie , 

My router is left on  24/7 . My router is the original one from some years ago so no new router has been tested . Happy to test a new one . 

Thanks

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 3 of 4

Hi @Berkoboy 

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test hasn't detected any faults but I can see a high number of re connections on the line.

Is the router at the test socket at the moment?

Have we recently sent you a new router for testing?

0 Likes