cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Issues connecting to Mortal Kombat 11 servers

vudak
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 12 of 12

Hi, as the title says - sometime near the back end of last week & over the weekend I noticed that I was no longer able to connect to the online components of Mortal Kombat 11 on PC(Steam). I've played the game previously - and elements of the game that previously worked no longer do (due to the connection to their servers not working).  So this isn't a first time setup issue is what i'm trying to say.

The game itself has a number of possible technical issues, and in the event one of these popped up recently and I'd not noticed it - i've gone through a multitude of possible fixes but to no avail. I spoke to the Warner Bros customer service on twitter and they confirmed that the UK servers for MK11 were operating fine, so it seems to be some issue on my end.

I came to these forums over the weekend to look around and saw multiple other people seemingly have similar, but not identical, issues - connecting to VPNs/Discord/Plex other servers etc basically. I think i've exhausted the options on my end so was wondering if its possible to check if there is anything that can be done here.

Here are some screenshots of the messages i'm experiencing for reference.
https://imgur.com/JXBildb

(^error message in bottom left of screen)

https://imgur.com/UhSNX7v

Also, if useful, these are the ports listed as being used for MK11 on steam:

• TCP: 27015, 27036
  • UDP: 27015, 27031-27036

I've checked my firewall & port forwarding etc and tried various configurations but to no avail.

Oh, and before I forget - the router in use is the 'D-Link Model: DSL-3782

Anyway, would love some help if possible 🙂
Cheers.

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Hello,

Ok thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on. Does this show as available if you log into your My Account under offers and upgrade tab?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hmm, I think for the time being i'll continue to tinker on my end rather than replace the router, as i said - its basically 99% fine, just this one issue seemingly. If a factory reset didn't solve it and there was nothing obvious on the talk talk end of things then there's gotta be something causing the issue in my PC config. Was there any word on the top speeds available? Just wondering if the fiber if available here yet.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hi vudak

Yes, I can send you a new router (cables and filter) and a returns bag for your old router.

Would you like me to arrange this? I can also check the predicted speed range for your line.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

I'm not sure, what would testing with a new router entail? Simply replacing the old with new and checking if everything works?

Also out of interest, is it possible to inquire about what the top speeds are that are available on my line? 

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hi vudak

Ok, would you like me to send a replacement router for testing?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12

Done (i think). I'd pressed the reset button on the back - though, i couldnt see any confirmation of it actually working - I didn't notice all the lights go out in unison or anything. So i then held it down for a solid 5 seconds - I didn't recall mention of how long the button had to be held  (or pressed?), but it i've reconnected and the same issue persists in MK11. 

*edit*
On reflection, i cant help but think that wasn't actually a factory reset. I suspect the button needs to be held longer.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Hi vudak

It will be set back to original settings (straight out the box) If you have made any changes to settings (SSID's etc) then this will need to be set back up again.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 8 of 12

Will there be any setup required post factory reset? Or will it auto config itself / work right off the bat? 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 12

Hi vudak

Would it be ok to try a factory reset? (just so we can rule this out)

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 10 of 12

I've not tried a factory reset no. The idea hadn't occurred to me - as 99% of everything else seems to work fine. I've had no other issues, internet browsing / video streaming / online gaming (other games than MK11) all work fine currently.

I have however tried resetting it and even turning off for 30mins before then turning it back on (i saw this mentioned in other threads so gave it a shot).

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 11 of 12

Hi vudak

Can I just check, have you tried factory resetting your router using the pin hole reset?

0 Likes