cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Joined TalkTalk - Internet not working

sanjaymistry
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 30 of 30

Hello,

I have just joined TalkTalk and the Internet does not work with the amber light flashing all night since plugging in. Unhelpfully, there is no phone number for TalkTalk (I notice you have already billed me though).

Regards,

Sanjay

0 Likes
29 REPLIES 29

Message 1 of 30

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. It would be worth checking your My Account Offers and Upgrades section as this should update as soon as Future Fibre is available to you.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 30

Morning @Michelle-TalkTalk 

Thanks for your reply. I don't have any extension sockets as far as I can see. Both the stability and speed are fine with the broadband cable (via microfilter) going into the test socket without a faceplate. I may also hold out for the full fibre rollout, if it's coming to this area soon?

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 30

Morning,

Thanks for the update. If the connection works ok at the test socket then this would suggest a possible issue with the faceplate or any internal wiring connected to the faceplate. Do you have any extension sockets? Just to confirm, are both the stability and speed now consistent at the test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

sanjaymistry
Popular Poster
Private Message
Message 4 of 30

Hello! Yes, I am, sorry.

I tried the broadband cable (without microfilter) directly into the 'G.fast' socket but it doesn't fit in at all. So the only option that works well is the broadband cable with microfilter on going into the test socket and no faceplate.

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 5 of 30

@sanjaymistry , Are you still with us?

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 6 of 30

Morning,

How are you getting on? Do you still need assistance.

Thanks

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 7 of 30

@sanjaymistry ,

How are you getting on?

Did you try replacing the faceplate and plugging your router into the broadband socket rather than the phone socket?

martswain
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 8 of 30

I agree will @AllyM , your grey router cable should go directly into the filtered LEFT socket,

There is no broadband signal provided to the PHONE socket, the only thing that should be connected there is a handset !

@sanjaymistry you ONLY need a microfilter when using the test socket with the faceplate removed.

0 Likes

AllyM
Philosopher
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 9 of 30

@sanjaymistry ,

This might be a silly question, but from your photos of the faceplate, you appear to have a microfilter plugged into the phone socket but nothing plugged into the broadband socket. Did you actually try plugging the router into the broadband socket of the faceplate without the microfilter attached? Despite the fact that it is marked "G.fast" I would have thought that it would just be a pre-filtered socket which would work with other FTTC services as well, though I admit I don't know the exact difference.

Also, there is a search box near the top of all the forum pages. Typing something like "contact", "phone", "chat" will return as the first result, a link to this page How to contact TalkTalk Broadband - TalkTalk Help & Support giving the TalkTalk customer services phone number, access to live chat and all the opening hours etc.

Message 10 of 30

Hi Sanjay

No problem, I'm glad to hear that the connection is now working.

In regards to FTTP, if you check here Guide to Full Fibre and FTTP | TalkTalk half way down the page there is an availability checker.

Hope this helps.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 30

Hi Debbie,

Okay, thank you for letting me know. Perhaps a little bit unrelatedly, do you have an idea about when full (FTTP) fibre will be coming to this area?

Regards,

Message 12 of 30

Hi Sanjay

A G.fast connection is slightly different as this would also use a Openreach modem as well as a router.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 30

Hi Debbie,

Thank you. Why would the fact it says 'G.Fast' on the socket mean it's not working with the usual faceplate on?

0 Likes

Message 14 of 30

Hi

I would suggest leaving the router at the test socket with a microfilter, I've just noticed on the face plate it says G.fast so this may be why it's not working with the face plate on.

0 Likes

Message 15 of 30

No, there is no phone connected at all. Plugging directly into the test socket after removing the faceplate seems to have worked. Does the faceplate now have to remain off permanently?

0 Likes

Message 16 of 30

Hi Sanjay

It would be worth re connecting the face plate again and retesting to see if it works now?

0 Likes

Message 17 of 30

Hi

Do you have a phone connected? Is there a dialling tone?

0 Likes

Message 18 of 30

Hi Debbie,

My apologies. Removing the faceplate and putting in the router has seemed to work. May I ask why that is so? And does the faceplate now have to be permanently removed?

Message 19 of 30

Hi Debbie,

Yes, this has been done and there's no difference.

0 Likes

Message 20 of 30

Hi Sanjay

Thank you. Please can you remove the face plate by squeezing the small clips on either side of the socket.

Then can you connect the router and filter directly at the test socket (underneath the faceplate)

0 Likes