cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Line drops and confusion from Service Centre

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 169 of 169

Yesterday my internet dropped c 1pm, but came back up after a few minutes. 

Today it went down earlier, during the morning, and was long enough for me to bother to run a test to check it. Though the connection was back, it was below the minimum guaranteed speed:

20220506_133453.jpg

Also, since last weekend you have indicated a phone fault, but I hadn't noticed problems with the phone:

Screenshot_20220506-131749_Chrome.jpg

You'll notice that the report above says that you are unable to load necessary network status information.

I ran a test and it appeared to be coming up with no problem, but the next moment they say they are "working on it", and to check back in a few days' time. 

20220506_131928.jpg

Currently speeds are normal. 

20220506_134016.jpg

Could you check what's going on?

Are they working at the exchange or something?

I need a reliable functioning line to give an online lesson later today as I am not yet fully back on my feet from Covid.

It's been reliable since last summer when the engineer came, so this is quite a sudden change to faults over the past week. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes
168 REPLIES 168

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 161 of 169

Happening frequently. 

Sleepless in the wee small hours, and I found it flashing orange at just before 4.45am and again a little over an hour later. Saturday morning. 

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 162 of 169

I switched off the router for the full 30 minutes after 5.30pm, Friday, to try to start a new session and got the wifi up in time for a 6.15 lesson start.

Subsequently two intrusive interruptions caused by the drop in connection at my end, as recorded here on Skype:

20220506_192856.jpg

Not a reliable enough service, having been good since the last bad phase, last June / early July - always appears to be the summer months....!

Contract coming up for renewal, and last time I looked you still have only Fast Broadband available to my house.

It needs to be reliable, at the upper end of the speeds I have had for most of the past year, or I may have to look elsewhere at the FTTC and FTTP options that other companies are offering. 

Losing 5 -10 minutes in an hour due to lack of service might not look like much, but if you are teaching online for 5 - 6 hours in a day, which it can be at its busiest, if I try to make up the missing minutes, the schedule runs increasingly behind and I will end up teaching for up to a further hour overall ....... if I can get back online at all, that is!

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 163 of 169

@Michelle-TalkTalk, another drop just now, c 3.30pm.

And again at 3.35 for about another 5 minutes.

My fallback Three speeds are so close to zero in the house that I can't use data instead, even for just viewing this page, let alone Skype or Zoom.

Safe to run tests this afternoon before 5pm.

Will be offline for a bit. ....looks like I have no other option!

0 Likes

Message 164 of 169

Hi,

Yes of course, no problem 🙂 

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 165 of 169

Could you make that early TUESDAY morning instead?

I know I will need to be doing some essential admin Monday morning, so best to steer clear then.

0 Likes

Message 166 of 169

Hi,

Thanks for confirming, I didn't want to cause any disruptions if you were in the middle of something. The line test is clear, looking at the connection stats I can see that there was an increase in errored seconds yesterday, however they have dropped again today. Would it be ok if we re-check this again on Monday morning so we can see how the stability has been over the weekend and also if the errored seconds have increased again?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 167 of 169

Yes please. 

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Staff
Private Message
Message 168 of 169

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear this. I'll need to run a line test, would it be ok to do this now?

Thanks

0 Likes