cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Line drops and confusion from Service Centre

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 169 of 169

Yesterday my internet dropped c 1pm, but came back up after a few minutes. 

Today it went down earlier, during the morning, and was long enough for me to bother to run a test to check it. Though the connection was back, it was below the minimum guaranteed speed:

20220506_133453.jpg

Also, since last weekend you have indicated a phone fault, but I hadn't noticed problems with the phone:

Screenshot_20220506-131749_Chrome.jpg

You'll notice that the report above says that you are unable to load necessary network status information.

I ran a test and it appeared to be coming up with no problem, but the next moment they say they are "working on it", and to check back in a few days' time. 

20220506_131928.jpg

Currently speeds are normal. 

20220506_134016.jpg

Could you check what's going on?

Are they working at the exchange or something?

I need a reliable functioning line to give an online lesson later today as I am not yet fully back on my feet from Covid.

It's been reliable since last summer when the engineer came, so this is quite a sudden change to faults over the past week. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes
168 REPLIES 168

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 141 of 169

I noticed it dropped just now, @Debbie-TalkTalk

I think that I will switch the router off while I go out for a swim, and back on again around lunchtime to start a new session perhaps.

Then I'll keep an eye on it while doing jobs in the afternoon. 

0 Likes

Message 142 of 169

Hi Gliwmaeden2

Thank you 🙂

All updated, please let us know how the connection compares.

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 143 of 169

Yes, please,  @Debbie-TalkTalk.

Message 144 of 169

Hi Gliwmaeden2

Can I start the update this morning at 10:30am? This should take no longer than 15 minutes to update.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 145 of 169

Thank you, @Debbie-TalkTalk.

I am suspicious that this may have been due to the firmware, so if you can roll it back, it's worth a try.

If you can manage that soon, I should be able to monitor it and report back. 

The music lesson I need to give online today is not till 7.55pm this evening, so at a time when no support will be available.....

0 Likes

Message 146 of 169

Hi Gliwmaeden2

Apologies for this.

Please only send a router back once you have received the new one.

If the connection is still dropping with the replacement router at the test socket then we will need to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

Would you like me to make a change to the current router firmware first to see how the connection compares?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 147 of 169

For some reason, Yodel doesn't expect to deliver the router before Thursday,  @Michelle-TalkTalk.

However, as grumbled about elsewhere, the demand for the return of the old one has already landed in my inbox....!

The line is dropping several times an hour, and did so again while typing this.

0 Likes

Message 148 of 169

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Hopefully the new router will arrive today. If there is still no improvement with the new router then we can arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 149 of 169

An appalling cluster of disconnections the few times I looked this evening.

20220510_181750.jpg

20220510_181808.jpg

20220510_213028.jpg

20220510_212954.jpg

20220510_213205.jpg

..... and so on.

Writing this using my Three data, with its weak signal, as Talktalk is now down so much.

One pupil has requested an online lesson for late Wednesday evening, so I have warned them that there may be frequent disconnections. 

Looks like I'll need to find a spot in a field to get a better data signal from Three for online banking .....

I may leave the router switched off for a chunk of time on Wednesday in the hope that it helps revive the connection for long enough to give the lesson. 

No sign of the new router turning up so far.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 150 of 169

Just updating to record current low speeds:

20220510_120904.jpg

Not noticing total disconnections, but obviously the service as is is not up to standard. 

Looking forward to trying the new router as and when it arrives.....!

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 151 of 169

Thank you, @Karl-TalkTalk.

Crossing fingers and toes.

😊

0 Likes

Message 152 of 169

Hi

the new router is on the way.  This could be a one off with the last update, but we can always put it to v2829t firmware and see if that is better.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 153 of 169

Yes - although the current router worked perfectly well till probably messed up by firmware....

Will the new router not be similarly vulnerable?

0 Likes

Message 154 of 169

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Ok, would you like us to send another Sagemcom router first as the next steps will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property if the line test is still clear?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 155 of 169

We tried a Huawei before you sent me the Sagemcom  - from memory, I couldn't get a good connection on it, if any.

Might be in your notes from summer 2020?

Another disconnection just now, while trying to sign back in to the forum. 

20220509_105731.jpg

Several times per hour is going to be unusable for pupils needing an online lesson for whatever reason, let alone when I am unwell myself, @Michelle-TalkTalk.

0 Likes

Message 156 of 169

Hi,

The firmware has updated, however I couldn't say for sure whether this is linked to the current instability as I can't see when this was updated. Have we ever sent you a Huawei Wifi Hub before?

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 157 of 169

Just recording another disconnection just now, @Michelle-TalkTalk.

20220509_102147.jpg

These are probably going to be a tiny proportion of what is going on.

Can't keep an eye on it all day today so will have to go by what shows up from your end.

Could it be anything to do with the router?

It is the Sagemcom that is supposed to get a firmware update at some stage, isn't it? 

I've no idea how to check that sort of stuff, but you should be able to see at your end what version I am on.

Many customers seem to have been reporting a flurry of disconnections since the end of April. Is this a bad batch of updates?

0 Likes

Message 158 of 169

Morning,

Thanks for confirming. Yes I can re-run the line test again first thing tomorrow morning just to see if the line test picks anything up. I can also check again to see if DLM has been making any changes. DLM should only be changing the profile if their is any noise/errors or re-connections on the line.

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 159 of 169

I was out a lot over the weekend, so I couldn't monitor it other than what I posted previously. 

This morning sometime around 8am there was another drop that I noticed showing on the smartphone while I was on the landline phone to Three.

Too busy trying to set up my new tariff with them to be able to check precisely. 

I suspected that DLM had been fiddled with, as the best readings for Talktalk when it's currently working are around 10 - 13Mbps rather than the 14 - 17 Mbps that I have enjoyed this past year. 

Unpredictable little drops make banking online very difficult, let alone all the other chores we are compelled to do digitally these days. 

Are you wanting to run checks tomorrow morning as planned, @Michelle-TalkTalk?

0 Likes

Message 160 of 169

Morning,

I'm really sorry to hear this. I can see that the connection was very unstable but I can also see that DLM has changed the profile a few times and I can now only see 2 re-connections for yesterday and today which appear to also have been DLM. How has the stability been since yesterday?

Thanks

0 Likes