cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

Line drops and confusion from Service Centre

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 169 of 169

Yesterday my internet dropped c 1pm, but came back up after a few minutes. 

Today it went down earlier, during the morning, and was long enough for me to bother to run a test to check it. Though the connection was back, it was below the minimum guaranteed speed:

20220506_133453.jpg

Also, since last weekend you have indicated a phone fault, but I hadn't noticed problems with the phone:

Screenshot_20220506-131749_Chrome.jpg

You'll notice that the report above says that you are unable to load necessary network status information.

I ran a test and it appeared to be coming up with no problem, but the next moment they say they are "working on it", and to check back in a few days' time. 

20220506_131928.jpg

Currently speeds are normal. 

20220506_134016.jpg

Could you check what's going on?

Are they working at the exchange or something?

I need a reliable functioning line to give an online lesson later today as I am not yet fully back on my feet from Covid.

It's been reliable since last summer when the engineer came, so this is quite a sudden change to faults over the past week. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes
168 REPLIES 168

Message 121 of 169

Hi Gliwmaeden2

I've checked the connection logs again and so far the connection appears to be stable (since 10.20am)

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 122 of 169

Will see how I go, and use the 635 as my fallback if I can't get stuff done using the Sagemcom. 

Process of elimination...

0 Likes

Message 123 of 169

Hi Gliwmaeden2

If it does continue to drop then please can you connect the HG635 router just for testing so we can see how the connection compares.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 124 of 169

Thanks, @Debbie-TalkTalk.

There was another short disconnection just now....

I do have my old HG635 and the test Huawei in the attic. 

If we see too many disconnections over the weekend, should I try one of them next week perhaps?

Of course, the new Sagemcom is already winging its way back to you, but on the whole I am losing faith in that model, if the firmware is going to continue to cause problems. 

I know that they halted the roll out on more than one occasion previously.  It was absolutely fine before this, but erratic behaviour is so disheartening  - it doesn't help the Talktalk brand image either!

Hope we can get to the bottom of this very soon.

Thanks again. 

0 Likes

Message 125 of 169

Hi Gliwmaeden2

No problem 🙂 I will just check the connection stats again later this afternoon to see how it's looking.

I wont do another reset or optimisation so I wont cause anymore drops.

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 126 of 169

Thanks,  @Debbie-TalkTalk.

That must have been you checking it!

Thanks for keeping an eye on it!

😊

Message 127 of 169

Sorry Gliwmaeden2 that was me, we have just posted at the same time. Please see my previous post.

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 128 of 169

Another couple of disconnections in the past 5 minutes or so.

Please check the line again. 

0 Likes

Message 129 of 169

Hi Gliwmaeden2

I can see re connections on the line.

I have reset the data port and optimised the connection to see how the connection is over the next 24hrs.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 130 of 169

I noticed just a couple of drops today,  @Debbie-TalkTalk, @Michelle-TalkTalk .

Edit: the disconnection c 10pm was me checking the line through Service Centre. 

Same old:

Screenshot_20220512-221034_Chrome.jpg

Have put that new router straight back in the post.

A couple of drops is nothing like what it was like when it was bad.

Could you possibly check what was happening on Thursday 12th with disconnections, in case there were more?

I wasn't using the internet that much, so wouldn't have noticed. 

Still got a lot of catching up to do with finances online in the coming days, so hoping it holds stable.

0 Likes

Message 131 of 169

Hi Gliwmaeden2

I agree 🙂

Apologies again for the issues you experienced.

Debbie

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 132 of 169

Yes. Best not to tinker while we have something that seems to be working fine, @Debbie-TalkTalk.

As and when the new router turns up, I will send it straight back. 

Message 133 of 169

Hi Gliwmaeden2

I think the new router will have older FW but this will be updated to the latest firmware once the router is connected.

I would suggest sticking to the router you have connected at the moment with the FW version I updated.

Hope this is ok.

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 134 of 169

When the new router actually arrives, will it be worth me trying it, or should the current one be absolutely fine?

What version will the new one have shipped with? Not wanting to go through further trauma if that one automatically gets updated to the dodgy version!

It's not yet left the depot.... but Talktalk's £50 meter has already been ticking for a few days now.

The latest from Yodel:

Screenshot_20220512-090155_Chrome.jpg

I think that though Karl ordered it on the 9th, Talktalk didn't send it out before Tuesday. Hopefully it will indeed leave the depot and reach me today!

Anyway, the main question is, should I even test with it or just put it straight in a returns bag?

0 Likes

Message 135 of 169

Hi Gliwmaeden2

Oh I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

Your firmware will remain on 2829 until the next firmware version has been fully tested.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 136 of 169

Thank you, @Debbie-TalkTalk, your intervention saved the day for that lesson and there is a good chance that I can deal with some important deadlines on Thursday. 

Really grateful. 😊

Message 137 of 169

Hi Gliwmaeden2

Your current firmware is 2829. I will feed this back to our Products Team.

Thanks

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 138 of 169

Thank you, @Debbie-TalkTalk.

Instead of blaming my devices, Service Centre now says there's nothing wrong there!

20220511_130728.jpg

Given that the only change we have made was the firmware, why does Service Centre not point the finger at that when it's wonky, but rather everything else but the culprit?

Not a good diagnostic tool!

I'll leave this on now until the other router arrives tomorrow, so you will know that any disconnections that happen between now and then are this router, not me switching it off!

Probably still worth checking when I have got the new one set up, and then if all is OK with both, after a few days will need to decide which one to send back, and keep a record of sending....!

Feeling more hopeful about this evening's lesson!

For the record, which firmware am I currently on, and how can we avoid this happening again, if this indeed is the resolution to the problem?

It was quite traumatic at its worst and so that buggy firmware needs to be avoided at all costs!

0 Likes

Message 139 of 169

Hi Gliwmaeden2

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Private Message TalkTalk
Message 140 of 169

It's been better this past half hour and better speeds, @Debbie-TalkTalk.

Screenshot_20220511-112904_Chrome.jpg

Still worth me switching off while out, as it shouldn't do any harm.

Back this afternoon.  😊

0 Likes